𝟏𝟒. ✭ 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐒 ✭

A sharp pounding jolts me awake. I hop out of bed and head over to the window, cautiously opening the curtain before looking out. I let out a sigh of relief when I see that it's Torey. Shirtless. In his Pajamas. At, I look over at the clock, two-thirty in the morning? 

What the hell?

Another harsh round of his fist rapping on the door has me hurrying to it. When I open it I'm met with a look I've never seen Torey wear before. He makes a point of looking me up and down, features tight. I probably should've put some pants on or something.

"Can I come in?" Why does his voice sound like he's mad? His still-healing wounds are on full display and looking rather gruesome. He shouldn't have come out here. From the look of it he's got to be in a lot of pain. "Brooks?"

"What?"

"I asked you if I can come in."

"Torey, you should really go back to your room and get some rest. The doctor said it is important that you relax as much as possible." His jaw grits and he glances over my shoulder. What is that all about? "Torey?"

"I asked you if I could come in." He reiterates once again.

"Right, I heard you. But, what I'm telling you is, is that it's two-thirty in the morning and you should be asleep, resting. Not here." I have no warning before he pushes me aside forcefully letting out a pained grunt after. "What the fuck, Tor?" He doesn't say anything as he begins stalking around the living space. "What are you doing?" He goes into the bathroom, flipping on a light and after a moment comes out and goes straight for the bedroom where he also flips on the light. "Are you... are you looking for someone?" It gets unnervingly quiet before he reappears.

"Is there someone to look for?" He thinks I would betray his family? Does he think I'm involved in what's happened to him? How could he think that? "Hmm? Did you bring someone back here?"

"What?"

"You heard me. Did you bring someone home with you tonight? You know, for a good time."

"Wait...What?" I let myself begin to process what he's really asking. "You think I brought someone back from the club? To what— have sex with them? Why the hell would you think I would do something like that?" My brows knits together in confusion because when the hell had I ever given him that vibe?

"You let Adri." He deadpans.

"That Hellcat does what she wants. There's no letting her do anything. It was either let her bring the girl home or have her make a scene, which she was doing a pretty good job of making after a handful of drinks, I might add. And we do not need that kind of attention right now." I shake my head at him, closing the door behind me since I had been standing in the doorway in just my underwear. "I'm confused here, Tor. If you thought I was in here with someone doing that why would you storm the place?"

His eyes flick away from me. "You know..." He spears a hand through his hair and throws his other hand out absently. "Because of Dani and everything..."

"Right. Because of Dani. Because that's what I would do behind her back. Because that's the kind of person I am." A part of me feels like I've been smacked in the face with that accusation, especially considering our past. "Yeah, well, sorry to disappoint, but I'm not like the two of you." That last part slipped out.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean, Brooks?"

"You know exactly what it means."

"What, that the feelings between Dani and I, the sexual attraction we have for one another, the love, was the reason you both got to live out a sexual fantasy. Or am I wrong?" His hands are on his hips now.