HENRY KING THE RISE OF EMPIRES

All rights reserved (c) copyright 2018

A.D. Valeraine :

All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher except for the use of brief quotations in a book review.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Chapter -  THE RIVER SOFTLY SPEAKS

Henry King was carefully trudging the wet slippery path on this very cold November morning. Walking in a very dignified manner while moving with confident steps as much as the rainy weather would permit. The light drizzle had begun to grow stronger as thunder rumbled from a distance.  Mr. King steadied himself halfway through the bridge, as an unexpected gust of wind caught his umbrella. With strong hands, Mr. King gripped the umbrella handle with complete ease. Heavily built, and in good physical condition for a thirty-two-year-old man who engages in intense regular and meticulous physical training. Athletic to a fault, and a master of different martial arts disciplines. Mr. King is also an expert fencer and has no problem in wielding a katana, but with all the weapons he was trained to master. One weapon alone has always been his favourite and very advantageous to his humble height of four feet and six inches. The naginata. An elegant, but deadly weapon. In the hands of an expert like Mr. King, is very deadly indeed. Greatly enhancing the force of his attack and reach. Mr. King effectively is able to use the naginata against single or multiple combat opponents to great effect.

Quickening his pace, he stares momentarily at the grey dismal clouds that hovered endlessly above the cityscape. Sighing heavily, remembering the warm and beautiful summer sunset he so missed.

In the summer, Henry would occasionally pause while crossing Vauxhall Bridge. Simply to bask in the beauty of the sun's last rays pleasantly dancing on the surface of the water.

Moving forward, he turns his eyes towards the imposing structure that lay before him. Majestically standing at a distance was his destination. The Secret Intelligence Service building, MI6.

Awkwardly reaching for the door handle, Mr. King enters the receiving area of the director's office.

He is greeted cheerfully by Mr. October, dressed in a bright orange polo shirt. He is the Chief Director's secretary and receptionist but known to everyone as the Big Smile.

The unorthodox choice for her secretary was no surprise to Henry, as he too would also prefer to have someone like October always at his side. Not just a matter of practicality, but definitely a matter of security. Standing at six feet and ten inches. A man built like a tank. October is a highly trained security officer with a very kind and gentle heart.

"A pleasant day to you Mr. King," October happily greeted Henry.

"A pleasant day to you to October, how are you dear chap," Henry says.

"Oh, fine Mr. King, as always," October replied.

"Ah yes, you are truly the sunshine in the cold November morning, and nice shirt by the way." Henry was always fond of October's colourful fashion sense.

"Thank you, Mr. King. It is always a pleasure to see you, but I must hurry you to the director's office, she has been eagerly waiting for your arrival. It seems there is an urgent matter she needs to discuss with you." October says.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Aug 30, 2022 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

HENRY KING THE RISE OF EMPIRESजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें