The Gala

This is my first KoTLC one-shot. So far I have only read the 1,2 and am halfway through the 3rd. Kinda based on the image above.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Foxfire was hosting a gala, celebrating the end of finals. Sophie was less than thrilled as she sat watching the other couples dance. Then someone pulled up a chair beside her. 

"Hey, Foster what's the long face for?" Keefe asked as he turned to face her. She turned to look at him. 

He was wearing a navy blue coat with a cape that looked as though it was trying to strangle him. He reached up and fidgeted with his crest, looking around. His outfit nicely contrasted her red dress.

"Nothing, Keefe." She replied turning back to the dancers.

"Aw, you know lying isn't that easy. Seriously, what's up?" 

She sighed and faced her boyfriend. Her eyes caught on the pin holding his cloak closed when she saw him. She leaned over to unclasp it and slip it into her bag. 

"Only that you aren't your father." She said.

He just sighed, his eyes moving back across the dancers.

He looked back at her and stood, holding out his hand. 

"Would you care for a dance, Miss Foster?"

"Of course."

As they walked onto the floor, people stared. The class prankster and the weirdo dressed beautifully. As they started to sway to the music, it became clear how close of a team they were. Keefe gracefully danced with the girl of his dreams, never wanting this memory to end. Sophie couldn't agree more. As the floor cleared, the more elaborate Keefe's dances became. As he leaned down and whispered in her ear making her laugh, two heartsick boys watched from the sidelines.

"He loves her so much," Dex whispered.

"And she loves him back," Fitz mumbled.

"It should have been me." They murmured in unison.

The lovers danced until the last note played. Sophie stood on her tiptoes and kissed him. And the audience clapped for the pair of lovers. Keefe insisted that the bow but Sophie wouldn't comply. But as Keefe did it, she still smiled. She would forever love her boyfriend and his silly antics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, I know it's short but hey with my limited knowledge about this fandom I like this one. Please leave comments on what you would like to see and any Sokeefe books that are good. Stay weird!

~ Lily Hope