chapter 2

P R I N C E   C H A R M I N G

He takes his black baseball hat off and his blue eyes peirce through the darkness

He had about five inches on me, and his hair was buzzed. He wore black clothing from head to toe.

"The look in your eyes tell me you remember me vividly," he grins and I swallow a lump in my throat.

"No. I don't," I say before turning around and taking a step.

"The name Nereus Juan Valentino ring a bell?" he asks and I stop in my tracks.

My stomach drops and my heart beat increases. I shake my head – without looking back – and he huffs. "I doubt after three years you've already forgotten your twin brother. Although I don't think after a milliom years you could forget your other half."

Nereus...

I swallow hard before turning around to face him.

"I'm an only child so you've got me confused with someone else."

"Is that what you tell yourself? Does it help to keep the memories, the trauma and the hurt suppressed?" he asks and I bite down onto my bottom lip to prevent any tears from falling.

Fuck him and fuck this.

I turn but he grabs my arm.

"Don't turn your back on me Nirah or things won't get pretty for you."

I try to pull my arm but his grip is too strong. "I didn't know feds were allowed to dish out threats," I say in annoyance and anger. Using my free hand, I dig my nails into his forearm but he only groans in pain and grabs onto that arm as well.

"Oh sweetheart... it's not a threat. It's a warning," he smirks and I try pulling my hand away. "Now tell me where your little Nereus is and we can all go home."

"I said," I yank my arm harder, feeling my wrist burn. "I'm an only child." I use my other hand to gently rub my bruised wrist.

"Oh, Nirah," he says stepping closer and I slowly back up. "Don't make this harder than it already is," he says and I take one big step back but he beats me to it and grabs my neck. "I won't ask you again. Where. Is. Nereus?"

He had me pressed up against the wall beside us within a second.

My hand flies up to his forearm while the other slides down to the knife strapped to my thigh.

"I don't fucking know," I say and his jaw clenches.

He doesn't believe me.

"Hey, Toronto."

Our heads snap to the man that had been smoking when I walked out. Sylvester lets out an annoyed breath and squeezes my throat a little harder.

"Tell that little punk to turn himself in or you'll just have to pay the price for him."