Imperfectly Perfect : Chapter 8 - Nights not over... Yet

'Smack' is all you here after what Jake said. Maddison then walks out of the living room, whispers go around the room. Mainly about how she has never been broken up with, since like ever. I then turn around and go to Avery who is still on the floor smiling like a cheshire cat, "Are you okay ave.?" I ask. "Yeah I'm fine." She says smiling at me, "I think we should get you cleaned up." I said helping her stand along with Jake. We set her on one of the counters in the kitchen.

I go under the sink in the kitchen and grab the first aid kit, I then clean and check her wound. While I'm doing that I feel someone's eyes on me, I look at Jake seeing that its not him. I then look at the doorway where my brother stands, leaning against the doorframe. "Gabby I grew up with you, and even during those years I've never seen you like that." Said Danny. "Like what?" I say trying to stay calm as best as I could. "Like the type of person to standup for herself, normally your pushed around like a rag doll." Then as I am throwing out wrappers I am hugged from behind, nearly being squeezed to death. "I'm proud of you sis" he said, ad that's when tears well up in my eyes.

"Thanks" I say hugging him back, "unfortunately I have to leave now beca-" he said but I interrupted. "You can't leave, did you drink? Won't you fall asleep at the wheel?" I say with worry hoping he's not stupid enough to do that. "I didn't drink anything, and I drove here fine. Didn't I?" He said smiling at me. "You did but-" "No, no more buts gabby. I have to get back to dad, and work. I'll text you when I get there." He said hugging me. "Promise?" I said holding out my pinky finger, "I promise" he says wrapping his pinky around mine. Then he is walking down the hall and out of the house.

"Jake." I said turning to him and Avery, whom are still in the kitchen. "Yeah?" He said giving me a small reassuring smile. Which I of course gladly return. I walk over to him and hug him "Promise me everything will be okay in the end." I whisper in his ear, still hugging him as tight as I possibly can in this condition. He then Whispers "I promise everything will be okay, from now on. Forever and always." He then gives me a kiss on my forehead, I completely forgot Avery was in the room. That is until she starts cooing "aww!"

She then hips down from her seat on the counter, she gives me a hug. "Thanks gabby, for tonight" she says, "No problem at all." I say smiling at her as she leaves the kitchen. "The nights not over yet" Jake said, "Yeah, but I'm gonna get the drink I was getting last time." I say walking towards the cooler which now has drinks in it. I grab a random one, taking a big gulp of it. Tonight's not over... Yet