Prologue

You sunk into the uncomfortable bus seat, placing your backpack down next to you that contained your few belongings of your life before.

You told yourself to be excited for this.

You have waited for nearly your whole life to be adopted, and yet your intensities tied themselves into knots so tight you thought you stomach might just tear itself open. Your foot beat incessantly on the floor, each rhythmic motion counting the seconds until you had to face him; your brother.

You hadn't even met him, hadn't exchanged letters, nothing.

You had just been told that you were going to live in a quiet town called Morioh with your brother.

But, something in your head was screaming at you to run. There was something off, it wasn't just nerves: that was for sure. This was different, like a gut feeling. You had a rising suspicion that this was no normal town. You couldn't quite place your finger on it, but, it was almost like intentionally putting yourself into danger.

Perhaps it was just human nature, after all something new was a warning alarm for the instincts that came with your species.

But, all this was much too useless. With the intercom on the bus ringing out your stop, rather shakily you grabbed you bag and slung it over your soldier.

Taking your first steps onto the ground of your new home, you glanced around for the sign of someone you were supposed to know. All you were told was that he had green hair, as well as green eyes.

You jumped as a hand gently tapped your shoulder. Turning, you saw a man who fit the given description.

You felt the words catch in your throat, but thankfully he spoke first. You instinctively glanced down at the ground, almost as if he gaze would kill if you dared to meet his eyes.

"Hello. I'm Rohan Kishibe."

You were surprised he could speak y/l. You collected your feelings into the knot that was twisting in your stomach, trying to push the feelings down so you could respond to him properly.

"Hi... I'm- y/n."

Why was this so weird? He was your brother, you knew you should be fine talking to him. It was like you were terrible at talking with people, but that fact he was your brother just made it... different. Perhaps uncomfortable was more fitting?

You held polite conversation with him as you two walked together through the town. You made mental notes of the streets, assuming perhaps it may come in useful later. Apparently, he was a mangaka, and a rather famous one at that. Things were different in Japan, for one, most didn't use cars, and instead walked most places.

The knots winding in your stomach subconsciously subsided as you walked through the sunny seaside town. Apparently, the school year had just started, so luckily you weren't too late.

You found a couple of people giving you looks. You assumed it was just because you were foreign, but it was different. They were staring. This made you uncomfortable, wondering perhaps if there was something wrong with your outfit, or your hair was weird.

Eventually you came to a stop in front of a rather expensive looking house, you were rather shocked at how nice it was. Casually, your supposed 'brother' led you inside. He showed you to where your room was, he almost seemed nervous for some reason, to you he seemed like the confident and self centered type, so his behavior didn't make sense.

"I should mention that you need to get a uniform. The store is just down the street. I have business I need to take care of, but I left money on the counter for you. Buy whatever you want, just don't spend all of the money I left you."

And with that he was gone. It almost felt like a weight had been lifted once you were alone. Sitting down on your bed, you skimmed through the book you had bought to learn Japanese with. You had learned a decent amount for what little time you were given, but it was still difficult. You were better at reading and writing than speaking or hearing when it came to the new language.

After a few minutes of settling down, you picked up your bag and headed downstairs to get the money he left.

He left you about 124,325 yen. You nearly dropped the cash, trying to calculate how much money that was. It was around 1,000 USD. God, he really was rich, wasn't he?

You put the cash away in your wallet, setting off toward where you remember the shop being from when you two walked together. You felt more unsafe without him for some reason. Some students were walking home from school, as you passed them you could feel them staring. You don't even know why, but for some reason you felt embarrassed.

You shook off the feeling, eventually finding the shop and going inside. You tried your best to understand what everyone was saying but it was a bit overwhelming. You could understand bits and pieces but couldn't find out exactly what they were saying. You just picked the first uniform and school bag you saw.

 You just picked the first uniform and school bag you saw

(A/N: sorry if these are not to your liking, I just went with brown because I figured it was a safe color + would theoretically make you stand out at the school)

You paid quietly, doing your best to pronounce everything correctly before hurrying off back home.

You didn't speak much to your brother after that, but you got the feeling that she wanted to talk to you. You just gave back the money, and got ready for bed, silently praying that tomorrow wouldn't be too difficult.

A/N:

Hiiii!
It's Juno again.
I'm new to fanfics and once again I'm sorry if the outfit isn't to your taste, it's hard to cater to everyone.
I hope you enjoyed this chapter and critiques are always welcomed <3