Regretful

Y/n's POV

"Logan, get your backpack! We're leaving already!" I yelled at my son, while I was fixing Noah's clothes

"Mommy" I hummed at Noah "Baby Riley will be there?" He asked as poking my cheeks making me smile

"Yes, honey. Your sister will be there" I tickled his tummy provoking him to shout in laughter trying to escape from me, but I hugged him and kissed him several times

I heard footsteps coming down the stairs, Logan was coming wearing the same shirt and pants as his twin. Damn, now I can't tell who's Noah and who's Logan.

I took their hands and guided us out of the house, the rear doors of the car were already open so when we got out, they released my hands and ran until they were inside.

"Didn't you leave anything at home?" I asked shouting as closing the door of the house

"No, mom!" They yelled back from the backseats

As walking towards my car I waved at my neighbours, Mr. and Mrs. Williams, a couple who have been married for forty-six years. I've known them for a long time, you could say since Sadie and I started dating, and I must say that they are the example of a healthy and loving marriage, something that many want, including me.

"Alright, let's go" I started driving taking care that no one was behind me while leaving the parking lot. Once I was already on the road I decided to put some music "What about Harry Styles?"

They nodded effusively at my suggestion. One of the countless things I love about my kids, it's their taste in music, which is actually the same as mine.
The boys were having fun as singing Treat People With Kindness, moving their heads and arms dancing on their seats, their voices mixing with mine filling the car.

"Oh— Logan, did you save your cough syrup? It was on your nightstand" I asked the boy on the right

"Umh, I'm Noah" For a four year old kid, he looked little uncomfortable about me calling him by his brother's name. Although the twins were used to being confused by others, they even found it funny and took advantage of it. But it was stupid of me, how could I do it? How couldn't I tell them apart? I'm their mother!

"I know, I know... I was kidding" I lied nervously

I shouldn't even have asked. Sadie, contrary to me, would have put the syrup in his backpack herself. And not expect him to save it, as I expected him to do it. And of course she wouldn't have changed their names.

"I did it better"

"No, I did it better!"

"No, you suck!"

"Hey! What's going on back there?" I asked when the boys took me out of the trance

"Noah says he sings like Harry"

"Cause I do!"

"But I do better than you!"

"You sound like a rooster being ripped off!"

I sighed shaking my head, knowing they won't stop until one of them says something really fucked up, and the other is so offended that he will let his brother know that he crossed the line, and he will ask for forgiveness.