4

Y/N's POV

"You're still as funny as you used to be, Y/N." He said, giving me a soft smile. I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"It's not like I lose my sense of humor the older I get." I replied, pushing away the weird feeling I got. It was already getting dark, I didn't expect us to hang out for this long...wait...OREO!

"Oh shit." My eyes widened, remembering my puppy that was left at home.

"What's wrong?" Wilbur asked worriedly.

"I forgot about- I need to go!-" I replied, panicked.

"I- What?"

"I um...I'll call you when I get home. Sorry for leaving in a rush!" I yell, running back home. I look back, seeing Wilbur. He was stunned. I couldn't help but let out a small laugh.

I opened the front door in a hurry. Oreo immediately got up from his cage.

"Oreo!" He barked at me, his tail wagging.

"I'm so sorry I left you for so long." I apologized profusely, letting him out of his cage.

"How bout we go on a walk, yeah?" He jumped on me, his tongue hanging out.

"I'll take that as a yes!" I grinned, grabbing his leash.

As I opened the front door, my phone started ringing. I was getting two calls actually. One from Will and one from my best friend. I decided to answer Wilbur's call first since I just left him on the sidewalk without explanation.

"Hey Will." I greeted, answering the call.

"Are you alright?" He asked worriedly. I snicker.

"I'm fine, I just remembered I had something important to take care of." I replied. Almost on cue, Oreo started barking loudly, tugging me to open the front door.

"What did you have to take care of?" He asked. I walked out the door.

"Ya hear that barking in the background? That's what."

"Don't tell me you forgot about your dog...I didn't even know you had one!"

"I'm sorry! I lost track of time." I groaned.

"Your dog's the one you should be apologizing to." He chuckled. "But I'm sorry too, for my impeccable charm."

"Oh shut up." He laughed.

"So what's his name?"

"Oreo." I sighed, Oreo finally calmed down.

"I bet he's a cute one isn't he?"

"Yeah, he is."

"Well I'll let you go on with your day, just wanted to make sure you were alright." I smile.

"Alright, talk to you later Will." I ended the call. I didn't realize I was smiling from ear to ear. Time to return BFF/N's call. I dialed their number and continued walking around the block. They picked up the call.

"Hello?" I hear.

"Hey BFF/N!" "Why haven't you answered my messages nor my calls?" They asked.

"Oh sorry, I've been all busy today and um...yeah." I replied nervously.

"You never miss my calls...I was worried!"

"I'm sorry! I...I've just been very...occupied and forgetful today." I mutter. They sighed.

"No it's fine. I was just worried.."

"Yeah...sorry."