Chapter 2 | "Let's make a deal"

2:13 PM | UNIVERSITY LIBRARY CAFE

The spacious café was cornered with wooden racks, filled with books, reaching high to the ceiling. The scent of old paper and freshly brewed coffee lured the customers and trapped them in the space with their infamous egg tarts.

Lunch break already ended. Students slowly emptied the café except for one small group of people occupying one of the large tables.

"Unnie, why are they late." The petite girl asked Y/N as she kept glancing at her phone to check the time.

"Men. Always late." She groaned.

"They requested this meeting but now they are late..."

The sound of the tapping converse shoes got louder and louder. The clock hands were not getting any slower. But the presence of their companion was still nowhere to be found.

"Maybe, they ju—" She was interrupted by the café doorbell, ringing as a couple of people flocked in.

The once silent café turned slightly noisy. The tallest one was looking around before he spotted the girl in search.

Hoseok led the entered pack to her. Y/N stood up and greeted them. As he offered his hand for a shake, the young maiden bowed instead. President Jung was quick to fluster as his embarrassed greeting was met with small chuckles from others.

Everyone then took a seat. As Hoseok grabbed a chair that face Y/N directly, Jeongguk retracted the chair from him and asserted unnecessary dominance over him. In a prompt defeat, Hoseok sat beside him as Jeongguk gleefully sat down on the stolen seat, sending a heartful smile to blank face Y/N.

The President of the Fine Art Club then started the meeting. 

"So. Actually. President Song. I apologize for coming a bit late. Actually...Well. Today I was walki—"

"Dude. Just make it short." Jeongguk reminded him before the President strayed the conversation with his complex redundant story.

"Ah yes...So. We met with—"

Jeongguk facepalmed and interjected him to get into the business, why the meeting between the two club boards was conducted.

"We are here to make a deal." Jeongguk smoothly said.

The opposition members instantly reacted to Jeongguk's declaration with the highest interest and small chatters. 

"I'm sorry...Deal?" Y/N's face scrunched.

"Yes. You heard it right. A deal...between..." Jeongguk didn't finish his sentence as he stared into Y/N's eyes.

While others were keen to hear his explanation, he was gradually getting lost in those dark hazel eyes hiding behind the square glass frame. He fell into that brown pool until his brain forgot to elaborate on the serious matter.

Eunbi chuckled at the side, snapping Jeongguk from getting more hypnotized.

"Jeongguk-sunbae, if you want to make a deal or challenge Y/N-sunbae, you don't need to bring the whole of us along. You can still talk in private you know." She gave a mischievous smile.

"Well, actually. This deal is not between me and Y/N. It is about both clubs." Jeongguk said.

Everyone silent. As the president of the writer's club, both of Y/N's ears were wide open. Attentive than before.

"The Fine Arts Club wants to make a deal with The Writer Club," Hoseok clarified what Jeongguk had said before.

"Proceed." Y/N gave a green light.