The Most Memorable Journey

Anuj was on cloud nine. He still couldn't believe his ears. He was still shocked and took time to process the information.

The entire night, he didn't leave Anu's hand even for a second. He was still holding Anu in his arms as they both fell asleep, after a long tiring day and also Anu was feeling a bit low and weak.

Next morning, Anuj woke up before Anu, made her some breakfast and made her favourite tea.

Although, this was the fourth pregnancy for Anu, the way Anuj was pampering her made her believe as if this was her first ever pregnancy. She was getting all the attention and care a girl would require and dream for, when she is carrying a new life within herself.

Anu had 3 kids, but this baby was a special one as this was her Anuj's baby, the child with her man, with her love and the child of her partner who gave her new hopes and new life.

After breakfast, the first thing Anuj did was to call up his family doctor , in conference with Dr.Advait and appoint the best gynaecologist in the town for his Anu. He did get the entire schedule for all the checkups and tests required during this period and also the dietary chart and restrictions to be followed for healthy pregnancy and health of his Anu and their baby.

He did ensure everything is followed to the tee He never left Anu alone, even for a minute He managed his office work in a way where he could conduct meets and important discussions over the phone or conference calls and manage everything sitting at home.

He didn't miss any appointment with the doctors and for every test and checkup would ensure to be with Anu.

Anu used to crave for different food items at anytime. Anuj, being a good cook, would make anything she would crave for, even in the middle of the night.

Anu used to crave for guavas a lot. Although it was unseasonal, Anuj ensured that whenever she wanted, the guavas were always available. She also craved for chocolates and cheese and would demand those at any point of time.

Her mood swings and tantrums were a daily routine now, and Anuj had learnt to manage those very calmly. At times, he would go crazy, but would manage himself and then look after Anu and allow her to throw her tantrums and still pamper her. At times, Anu would do this on purpose to tease and bother him, but Anuj would patiently handle everything.

Once, in the middle of the night, she woke Anuj up and asked him to get her a bowl of Shrikhand. Anuj was surprised, as Anu would rarely ask for sweets at an odd hour. At around 2 in the night, he, along with Anu in thier car, were hunting for a shop to buy Shrikhand. Suddenly, he recollected about his friend who owned a restaurant in a five star hotel. They walked in there and Anu ordered Shrikhand for herself. Anuj, was quietly sitting at the table with her, looking at the childlike excitement on Anu's face. POOR ANUJ KAPADIA..couldn't do anything, just obey his expecting wife.

Every evening, he would ensure to accompany Anu for a walk in the nearby garden. At times, they would just sit on the bench, holding hands, and Anu resting her head on his shoulders. She would share her experiences from the previous pregnancies and how she missed this care and love from her family then. She would thank Anuj for this oppurtunity and how much she loved him for all this care and attention.

She did mention how she had to hide her cravings from Vanraj and Baa and how she was asked to work around the house, round the clock.

Anuj felt bad, but would not say anything and he just kept on showering more and more love on her.

He was grateful to Anu for helping him realise his dream to be father and complete his family. He was thankful for this beautiful birthday gift.

Anuj had also renovated and decorated one of the rooms in their house as a baby room, full of toys, games, decorated with stars and lights. He had ordered innumerable toys from across the world for the new baby.

Once during thier visit to the gynaecologist's clinic, Anu did ask him if he was hoping for a baby boy, to which he replied, "Anu, tum jo bhi dogi, mujhe manzoor hoga, chahe beta ya beti. Jo bhi ho bus tumhari parchai ho.!"

Anu was overwhelmed, as earlier, she was indirectly suppressed with the demands of other members in the house. For a mother, a boy or a girl wouldn't make a difference in the pain and physical changes she goes through, during this period.. it would be the same.. she won't differentiate amongst her kids.

With each passing day, Anuj's concern for Anu grew leaps and bounds. He proved this right: A mother is worried about the life she is carrying within herself, but a father is worried about 2 lives. A mother carries a baby in her womb, but a father carries the mother and the baby in his mind.

This entire journey and experience was overwhelming for #MaAn and both of them were eagerly waiting for the new life to arrive and be with them for ever.

The Baby Kapadia was expected to arrive soon in this beautiful world of The Kapadias.