what a day (16)

- recap from last chapter -

-

Something special is waiting for you outside...
- ;)

-

wth is this...

————————————————————————

I quickly pack up my stuff and leave. I push the front doors open and stand there. I'm looking to see if anything stands out to me. So far, nothing. I go down the steps to see if there's something or someone but still nothing.

All of a sudden the song Dream Girl by Crisaunt plays. I see everyone start crowding around the area where the music is coming from. So I walk over there and once I get there, people start freaking out. I hear many oh my god there she is or aw this is so cute.

I walk threw the crowd of people and finally get in the middle of the circle

I see a speaker on the ground playing the song, my friends on the sides taking videos and pictures, and then... Alex.

He's holding a bouquet of my favorite flowers and two posters.

"Read it out loud," Alex says.

-

You make me happier than I ever thought I could be. And if you let me take you to the dance, I will spend the rest of that night trying to make you feel the same way.

Briar Underwood, will you be the Monica to my Chandler for the night and go to the dance  with me?

-

I finish reading the poster and I am smiling ear to ear. I say yes and he hands me the bouquet and posters. Everyone starts cheering. I immediately hug him and neither one of us let go for a while.

As I'm hugging him, I see Jacob. We make eye contact. He has a sad look on his face and then he just leaves. I feel bad for a second. I have the urge to chase after him. But then remember that kiss with him and that girl. So I don't feel bad anymore. I just go back to my own happy world with Alex.

We eventually let go and then the crowd goes away

I look at him in the eyes and say, "Wow... so you did all of this... for me?"

He nods his head and says, "You're the special girl. Of course I did all of this for you."

I laugh and hug him again

"You're the sweetest! I can't wait for this," I say excitedly.

-

The whole car ride home, I was nonstop talking about what Alex did. She, of course, was so happy for me and loved everything he did.

We get out of the car and get inside the house

"What are you wearing," she asked.

"I don't know yet. I have to see what Alex is wearing so I can match with him."

She nods her head and heads to her room