Dirty Laundry

Prompt: Dirty Laundry (Carrie Underwood)
For the fancam of Micheal, just look up "Walker Scobell ", a child actor who was in a Ryan Reynold film recently - honestly, that kid is going places.

That lipstick on your collar, well, it ain't my shade of pink

And I can tell by the smell of that perfume, it's like forty dollars too cheap

Barry Snart (nee Allen) knew that Leonard, his husband of several years, had something going on lately. Given his past, he'd hoped it was just Leonard rebreaking into things, as you could take the thief out of the criminal world, but you couldn't take the criminal world from the thief. This was far worse than a random heist, however.

And there's a little wine stain on the pocket of your white cotton thread

Well, you drink beer and whiskey, boy, and you know I don't drink red

He'd gotten home from work with Micheal, their son, only to trudge up to their bedroom and find one of Leonard's white shirts lying on the floor. Cursing his husband for his laziness once again, Barry had made a move to pick it up and dump it in the wash basket outside their bathroom next door over, but froze (ha, froze, how ironic) seeing the wine stain on its pocket and lipstick prints on the right lapel.

It also smelled, not like Barry's normal cologne that he would have worn had they been on a date recently, but like an alcohol-based perfume you'd buy at Walmart, stingy and gross. It made Barry's eyes sting, but not for the reasons he wanted them to.

Found it over in the corner, wadded up on the bedroom floor

You shoulda hid it in the closet, you shoulda burned it, you shoulda lost it

He almost felt like crying, breathing becoming harder and knees weak as the realization of what the so-called 'detective' had discovered, his heart feeling like sparks of lighting were stabbing it to death more than shooting through it. Leonard was cheating on him and seemingly, if Barry's brain went back in time into looking at what he passed off given their rather tumultuous lives despite not really superheroing anymore, had been for months.

Now I'ma have to hang you out to dry, dry, dry

Clothespin all your secrets to the line, line, line

He couldn't let Micheal find out about this. The last thing their teenaged son would need, in the literal middle of middle school and having his own set of problems at 12, but Barry also didn't want to even look Leonard in the eye, as the very thought made sparks start dancing off of him, risking a potential fire if the man were actually there and not at work still.

Leave 'em blowing in the wind, just say goodbye to you

All those midnights sneaking in "I'm late again, oh, I'm so sorry"

All the Ajax in the world ain't gonna clean your dirty laundry

[Then again, was he even at work, or had he lied about all those late nights? All those times where he'd snuck in while Barry was sleeping only to be there in the morning and then gone again. Were any of those interactions real to him?]

If the neighbours get to asking, I won't cover nothin' up

I'll tell 'em every little detail, how you drug me through the mud

Thinking quickly, Barry just put it on the bed before grabbing a pair of scissors from in the kitchen, cutting holes in the object along the sleeves. If Leonard was going to do this, to him, to Micheal, to their marriage and their friends and family, he was going to set an example.