𝟬𝟬𝟮. the blind date

two. the blind date. 

AS MOON YESEUL SAT IN THE COFFEE SHOP of the imperial hotel, she thought back to all the times she had gone on dates

AS MOON YESEUL SAT IN THE COFFEE SHOP of the imperial hotel, she thought back to all the times she had gone on dates. She had particularly bad luck in the blind date department. All of the men that had landed a date with her were always all assholes and Yeseul had no problem pointing it out to them how much of an asshole they were. 

Blind Date / Victim Number One: I want a pretty and obedient housewife. I like to come home from work to a meal and a clean house.

Yeseul: Marry your housekeeper or travel back in time. Too traditional ── next.

Blind Date / Victim Number Two: Miss Yeseul, you are very pretty, has anyone ever told you that? You look like a doll──

Yeseul: I know I am. Too Vain ── next

Blind Date / Victim Number Three: I am willing to provide you with your every need.

Yeseul: you said that to all your mistresses. Unable to keep his dick in his pants ── next.

Blind Date / Victim Number Four: Miss Yeseul, do you like to travel? I love travelling. 

Yeseul: I like to go on holiday, but i prefer to work

Blind Date / Victim Number Four: Why would you need to work? You can spend the rest of your life living comfortably.

Yeseul: Too irresponsible ── next.

Blind Date / Victim Number Five: 

Yeseul: Too Damn Boring. ── next

And those were just a few of the hundreds of blind dates she's been on. She wondered if the man had the decency to buy her some flowers. She then thought about strategies to get out of this darned date. Perhaps she could just destroy his ego ── it was a simple and easy way to get rid of any man. 

And as she was lost in thought, a tall man approached her, "Miss Moon Yeseul?" he asked, his voice was deep, and just by his voice, he sounded quite handsome. 

"What?" Yeseul asked, not turning around, "Oh, are you my latest victim? ── Please, sit,"

Kang Taemu, a little curious slid into the seat in front of her. Yeseul titled her head up appraisingly, "So you're Kang Taemu ── I see you haven't brought me any flowers. Minus one point,"

Taemu cleared his throat, "Am I meant to bring you flowers?" he asked

Yeseul raised an eyebrow, "Of course. Don't you know sitting in front of me as a blind date is a privilege? Every other guy has brought me flowers. Your secretary should've at least notified you about how hard I am to please. Well, everyone says that ── but I just like pretty things,"

Taemu laughed and looked away, "I'm sure you also must've been forced to go on this blind date,"

"I was," Yeseul agreed, "To be honest, you aren't really my style,"

Taemu looked quite offended, "Excuse me?── not your style? Why?"

Yeseul leaned forward, "Do you want me to be honest?" she asked

"Yes," Taemu replied, also leaning forward. 

"Okay, let's start with your looks, shall we? ── I have to say, you're quite handsome and tall which I do like, I'll admit that. But it's your expression I don't like," Yeseul said honestly, "You look very cold and haughty like you regard yourself in a very high manner,"

"What's wrong with holding yourself in a very high manner?"

"It just points to a self-centered and narcissistic person. Mr. Kang Taemu," Yeseul replied, "And to be honest, I'm also a very selfish and narcissistic person and if we did get married, i think we would just constantly clash with one another. And I'll admit, I like your way of business, but I don't think your company would benefit any of mine in any way shape, or form so neither of us will be gaining much. Oh, and I can tell you would prioritize your work over me," 

Kang Taemu, after witnessing his ego wither away, scoffed and laughed, "It's alright, Miss Yeseul, You actually don't really fit my standard as well. I might be self-centered and a workaholic but I've got the looks, a god-given body and I'm good at everything," 

Yeseul smirked, "Not even your good looks and skills can back up that fat ego of yours," she remarked, "Since we both have made it clear we aren't each other's types. Can we finish this and go?" she asked

Taemu nodded and the both of them got up and headed out of the imperial hotel. When they finally left the hotel, they exchanged a polite bow and made their way to their separate cars. As Kang Taemu was being driven home, he told Sunghoon everything that had happened. 

"Wah, so she just basically said how you weren't her type? She called you narcissistic and said you had a fat ego while expecting flowers?" Sunghoon sighed

"Yes, she said minus point when I showed up without flowers. And she started pointing out everything wrong with me,"

"Wow, she sounds like the worst," Sunghoon remarked

"And what else? I wasn't her style?"

"Sounds like it was a waste of time,"

"Maybe,"

Then Taemu received a phone call from his grandfather. "Yes?── We just said bye, and I'm heading home,"

"The date is already over? ── Sounds like it didn't work," Kang Dagoo said over the other line, "Fine, let me talk to Sunghoon so we can schedule the next date," 

"There's no need for that," Taemu replied

"What? You're going to break your promise and stop going on these dates?"

"No, I'm going to marry Miss Moon Yeseul ── the lady I met tonight," ── Out of shock, Sunghoon hit the breaks on the car and Kang Da-goo jumped up from his seat. 

"You──What?" 

  Yeseul, sprawled all over her couch, watching the TV when her phone rang, "Oh, oppa── what?"

"Way to greet your brother," Yejun remarked, "How was the blind date?"

"Horrible. He didn't even buy me flowers. And then he said I wasn't his style ── that's a first time for me," Yeseul shrugged, "How was yours?"

"Interesting── Jin Youngseo was caught in an affair and was chased out of the building she said and I quote 'i like men,' ── I don't think I've ever met a woman like her,"

"Waste of your time?" she asked

"No, actually. I want to marry her,"

Yeseul laughed, "Wait. you're being serious? My God, oppa she likes to have multiple affairs ── Whatever, you do whatever you want," Yeseul sighed, "Don't you have to go to meet with your business partner tomorrow?── I'm hanging up, bye," she hung up the phone and went to go to sleep.

But as she was sleeping, her phone began to ring. Groggily getting up, she picked up the phone, "Hello?" 

"Hi Darling, It's your father," her father spoke over the line

"Hello Dad," she nodded

"Tell me, tell your old man ── what in the world did you do to make Kang Taemu want to marry you?"