Friend

Author notes: Short chapter since i felt like writing more! Hope you enjoy *(^o^)*

Chapter 3

"Your clothes are wet, don't you bring an umbrella with you?! What happens if you catch a cold and miss a day at school!?"

"I won't" Xiao replied and went straight to his room.

Xiao heard a knock at his door, it was a gentle knock so it's probably not his parents.

"Brother? I heard mom yelling so i brought towels for you to use" It was Ganyu, his little sister who was in Elementary school.

"Thank you Ganyu, do you want to come in?"

Ganyu smiles in reply and head inside Xiao's room. "Did you lost your umbrella? You can borrow mine, I can share with my friend Keqing if ever it rains again tomorrow"

"You'll keep this a secret right?"

"Of course! Mom and Dad won't notice, we have the same umbrella design anyways!"

"Haha its not that silly I didn't lost my umbrella, some crazy classmate dragged me into the rain to play"

"Huh really? Is the crazy classmate a friend of yours? You don't seem mad that he dragged you into the rain, you even played! Im a little jealous brother"

Ganyu was right, why is Xiao not mad that Venti dragged him into the rain and got him all wet? And a friend? Was Venti his friend? Does Venti consider him as a friend? Questions were piling up inside his mind.

"Well I guess he's my friend"

"You guess? That's weird brother, don't you see him as your friend?"

"Its a weird relationship, don't think so hard about it you'll hurt your little head"

Xiao was unpacking his things ready to learn the piano keys his self when a note slipped out of his notebook.

"I'll pick it up for you brother, and my head's not tiny!"

"Haha alright alright thank you Ganyu"

Here's my number, call me! Was written on the paper with a winking face on the side, he already knew who wrote it and slid it on his notebook.

"Oh my brother seems like someone's hitting on you!"

"Hitting on me? That's absurd, plus he's just a crazy friend of min— wait! Hitting? Aren't you too young to know what that means Ganyu?"

"Two friends can never just be friends brother! Well that's what Keqing told me, I don't know what it means but she said her brother told her that"

Seriously that bossy little girl Keqing

"It's that classmate i told you about, the person who dragged me into the rain"

"Really? That's him? Hurry call him i want to hear his voice!"

"Okay okay calm down Ganyu"

"Hello? Who is this?"

"It's me"

"You called! I mean i totally knew you would but i also thought you might've thrown the note down into the trash bin, ahem ahem! What did you call me for? As you can see im a busy man"

Ganyu giggles at Venti's statement and whispers "Your friend is funny!"

"Oh? What's that I hear?"

"It's my little sister Ganyu, she says you're funny"

"Shh brother don't tell him!"

"Heheh! No need to be so shy, how about i tell you a little sister Ganyu? And don't listen Xiao!"

"What are you doing brother? He's going to tell me a secret, cover your ears"

"This is pathetic, are you two teaming up on me?"

"Come on Xiao listen to your little sister! It's rude to listen to someone's secret hm? hmmmm??" Venti teases

"Brother covered his ears, were all clear now mister!"

"You know little miss Ganyu, your brother is always grumpy at school! Don't tell him though, i might get my butt whoop okay?"

"Hehe okay!"

The phone call went on for hours, it was Xiao's first time calling a classmate or even having a classmate's number on his phone. Xiao was glad that Venti was the first person he experienced it with.

"Brother! Brother! You forgot to set his nickname, it's easier so you know who that number belongs to! That's what Keqin—"

"Keqing sure did teach you a lot of things, hurry now and go to sleep its pass your bedtime, no buts i already let you speak with Venti on the phone"

"Okay I will.." Ganyu leaves with a slight frown on her face, she wasn't sleepy yet and wanted to hang out with her brother for a little longer.

'Classmate' "Sounds basic, something else"

'Venti' "Sounds too short, maybe something else"

'Piano guy' "Looks weird, ugh I give up this is taking too much of my time"

'Crazy Pianist, Venti (•ˋ _ ˊ•)'