"Well then, take your last breath, darling." With that he pulled the trigger. It happened in slow motion. After years of training under Wenwu, everything happened in slow motion. But this time she couldn't dodge it. The bullet embedded itself in her left shoulder.

"I'd have to pay the man extra, you know, the one who tipped me off. He even told me how to attack."

A mole? In the Ten Rings? She didn't get much time to think as a guard came forward and stabbed her just below the right side of her ribs. It came as a surprise to Daiyu and a yelp escaped her lips before she could stop herself. She couldn't do much as they threw her into the river.

Daiyu took a deep breath as she came in contact with the surprisingly pleasant water. Her body fell deep into the seemingly endless abyss.

══════✮❁•°❀°•❁✮══════

Are you sure this is the right place?" Katy looked at the building wearily as it was under construction.

"Yeah" Shang-Chi nodded along, leading Katy inside.

"Sign here to get in," A man in the elevator said in mandarin, handing over a device to Shang with a digital pen who took it and signed it without reading.

"I'm looking for my sister, Xu Xialing. Have you heard of her?" Shang-Chi asked him back in the same language.

The man simply looked out of the window, pretending to not hear him.

"This is the address she gave me "He continued to explain to the man.

But the man only pressed his earpiece and continued to ignore him.

"Okay," Shang-Chi nodded to himself, turning to Katy.

"Seems like a nice fella," Katy claimed with a small smile, "And this elevator is definitely up to code. There's absolutely no chance of it just falling off the side of the building-"

The elevator shook abruptly as it came to a stop; the door opened to reveal a large crowd and a man waiting for them in the front.

"Bus Boy!" The man cheered at seeing Shang-Chi

"Uh," Shang-Chi expressed a look of utter confusion.

"Two million views in three days, bro!" He showed the video from the bus fight on his phone.

"Oh no," Shang-Chi sighed.

"Damn, dude," Katy commented as though she wasn't there when it happened.

"And you're the driver!" The man continued in mandarin, looking to Katy with excitement.

"Oh, my Chinese sucks," Katy responded sheepishly.

"Oh, all good. I speak A-B-C," he switched to English.

"Oh, great,"

"I'm Jon Jon," He placed his arms over Katy's shoulder as Shang-Chi followed by Katy's side protectively.

"Jon Jon," Katy nodded, repeating the name.

"Welcome to the Golden Daggers Club," He presented the building ahead, crowds filling the darkly lit building. "Okay, let's get you ready to fight," He patted Shang-Chi on the shoulder.

"Wait. What?" Shang-Chi turned to him in confusion.

"We're a multi-platform global operation. Every fight live-streamed on the dark web," he explained, "Thousands of viewers placing bets as we speak. This is gonna take your brand to a whole new level."