Preface

Sharp eyes scanned the crowd, Strobe Nightclub's flashing lights doing nothing to hide the distinct gray of the irises; the gray of an oncoming storm, cold and appraising. The view that met the eyes was that of moving bodies. Bodies are interesting, all different shapes and sizes. They consist of so many parts; hands, legs, fingers,...$262,000 kidneys, $557,000 livers, hearts worth $1 million. So many expensive parts. The gray eyes appraised these parts, flashing at the most expensive movement. This was a Sunday night ritual; the appraising of the gray eyes, the search for the most expensive body on the floor. Sunday nights were the best nights, full of expensive bodies. Only expensive women clubbed on Sunday nights. This Sunday night, the eyes fell upon a most exquisite body; healthy tan skin, long shapely legs that seemed to go on forever, voluptuous curves. Even from a distance, it was clear to the eyes by the way her body moved in an exotic dance that her heart was a healthy one, an expensive one. The ears belonging to the eyes could almost hear the fast-paced thump thump thump of the heart, jostling about at her sensual movements. Yeah, this heart sounded good. This body was the promised prize of the night.

          The eyes slowly but surely moved closer to the beautiful woman as the legs moved through the packed crowd, bumping into warm bodies along the way. The hands itched to reach out and grab all the expensive parts, but no, the most expensive part was waiting just there on the dance floor, and that's what would be grabbed tonight. The others would have to wait for another special Sunday night. And now the eyes were close enough to make contact with her eyes, and oh were they beautiful. Jade green eyes glimmering like jewels, $1,500 jewels each to be exact. The hands itched to pluck them out, as easily as plucking out an eyelash would be. Easy. The humor of the thought shone in the gray eyes, made them lighter, a storm waiting at bay in a liminal manner. And now she was dancing closer, within reach, and now her voluptuousness was being touched, and now she was being led out and up, up, up the stairs and now there was a breeze caressing her, lifting up her hair, cooling the sweat on her still-dancing body. And the hands were reaching out for her, but she was laughing, dancing away. And there was a deep voice yelling at her to "Slow down!" but she was dancing away, laughing louder and louder. But now she was screaming, falling, falling...fallen.

          The hands reached for her flailing body as she took a step off the Nightclub's roof, but alas they were too slow. She fell and the hands retreated, the eyes appraising the still body below, disappointed at the loss of money. The storm had come and gone with no prize. Till next Sunday it was.