Compassion of a Friend

Aight, A bit of a short story for those who know my animated series Fallen Flames on my YT ^^/

-----

Characters: Dropsy, Lucas, Light Steve

AU: Fallen Flames

-----

"He looks like he's seen better days." My small brunette friend whispers to me as the silvery haired man sat on the couch, looking down at his hands numbly. He woke up not that long ago, panicking and yelling about Sabre (Which was a shock of itself to hear that name...), but after we mentioned his friend Time was currently out with Tewtiy for a supply run, he eased a bit.

 "Agreed... I find it odd though that neither of them have spoken about what happened to them though... Just have talked very vaguely and skirted around the subject... It must be a very touchy subject." I mumble back from doing the dishes after having made food. Dropsy sighs and sets down the cup she was drying off, then wipes her hands and walks out of my small and open kitchen.I turn around to look at her, my cap holding back my long blonde hair from drifting into my face as she sits beside him on the couch. "Could I ask you a few questions, Light?"

"Huh-?" He looks over at her for a moment, but then blinks and rubs his neck. "Uhm... Sure. What did you want to ask me?" He stays quiet as Dropsy starts asking him a few questions, starting off with asking about what he was, then progressing gently to what he enjoyed doing and what his role was like in his society.

After a moment, Dropsy drops the question.

"Light- You were burned really badly and Time suffered from a broken rib when we first found you both. How did that happen?"

I pause from washing the final plate and glance over my shoulder to notice Light go stiff. It takes him a moment to answer the brunette beside him.

"It... was my error... I froze up in front of the enemy because of seeing an old friend unconscious behind them, then got knocked out by the enemy's powers and magic." He shudders as if he could see the horrible scene right in front of his eyes, then goes silent and dead still.

With a gentle quietness, Dropsy places her hand on his shoulder. As if she had spoken an entire heartfelt message in her silence, she rubbed his unbandaged shoulder gently which showed in his body language. He was relaxed and calm now.

Quietly, I turn back around to finish the last plate and set it off to the side to dry.

That's one thing about Dropsy that I never could understand fully. Her kindness was beyond anything that I could ever imagine. How she could manage even showing strangers compassion to the extent she did was mind boggling.