Chapter Two

As the ceremony began, I saw Jordan, the groom, and Aaliyah's mom being walked down the aisle to the front row where they resided. Next came the bridesmaids and groomsmen. There were five of each. From the paper that we were handed when we took our seats had shown all of the names of the bridesmaids and groomsmen, so I knew Aaliyah's brother Shawn was one of them, I just didn't know which one. It didn't help that I had no idea what either Aaliyah nor Shawn looked like.

Next, came the ring bearer and flower girls. I wonder if one of them were Shawn's sons or daughters. For all I know Shawn was married. I couldn't even tell you why I was so intrigued by Shawn. Maybe it had to do with the fact I remember having a tiny crush on him when I first met him? I honestly don't know.

Lastly, Aaliyah was being walked down the aisle by Manny, her father. She was wearing the most beautiful wedding dress I had ever seen in my entire life. It was a long fitted white lace wedding dress embedded with some crystals and flowers with a deep v-neck cut. It looked so beautiful on her. I looked back up to the front where he soon-to-be husband stood, seeing as a few stray tears fell from his eyelids. He quickly wiped them off as Aaliyah made it to the front where everyone was.

Thirty minutes had passed and Aaliyah and Jordan we're officially married. As they walked down the aisle, the groomsmen and bridesmaids followed. It wasn't until the last of them walked by that i got a good look at one of them. He was tall, most likely over six foot, and had a tattoo on his right hand. He had brown curly hair, which looked incredibly soft. I almost wanted to run my hand through it.

"Hey dad, who's that?" I whispered over to my father, who looked down at me.

He spoke in a whisper, "Oh him? That's Shawn, Manny's son. Why?"

"Oh, he's cute" I spoke as I chuckled lightly, as I began to take my phone out and turn it back on since the ceremony was now over. This meant I could get back to texting Cindy.

Soon after, we were ushered to wait outside in a cute courtyard while they set up the tables for where we would be seated for the rest of the evening. I walked straight to the line outside for where we could get drinks. I waited patiently, until I turned around to look for my mom and dad, only to be met with a pair of hazel eyes. I was only millimeters away from hitting his chest.

"Oh uh- I- I'm so sorry" I stuttered to him as my hands started to shake.

"I take it you know who I am?" Shawn responded with the biggest ego-laced tone I had ever heard before.

"I mean yeah. You're Shawn, Manny's son. Our dads used to be super close" I spoke questionably as to why he would ask such a weird question.

"Oh, uh yeah that's right. S-sorry. For a second there I thought you knew of my side hustle" he whispered the last part.

"What do you mean?" I asked but was cut off short when asked for my i.d. in order to get a gin and coke. By the time I had turned around, Shawn was gone, like completely out of sight kind of gone. What he said made me super curious to the point where I was about to look for his instagram.

About twenty minutes later, we were back indoors seated at our table. We were seated at table twelve for the rest of the night. I had already had two shots of tequila and the gin and coke, so I was quite tipsy. I decided it was time to pull out my phone and go find Shawn's instagram. What I found was more shocking than anything I had ever seen before.

@shawnmendes