𝗢𝗡𝗘𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗧

Her misery is my only amusement in this world. The way she'd cry herself to sleep, neglecting her children, ignoring her people, killing people without mercy, all because of her husband's death.

It amuses me how she went from high to low when he died. Pathetic.

Her happiness meant the world to me once. Although we were much younger and naïve.

But times changed.

A lot of things changed.

I'm no longer the boy she once knew, I'm no longer the God they once knew. Ever since she met him. How envious I felt when I keep seeing them, together. How angry I felt when they got married and had kids.

That was supposed to be me.

Why did she not pick me? When I was beside her ever since we were naïve, little children.

Who was with her when she was in despair? Who was with her when she had nightmares? Who would go to her house in the middle of the night just to watch the stars? Who was with her when she had learned how to use her ability?

Me! It was all me! Not him!

So why? Why did she pick him?! When I was beside her all these years!

Despite the fact that I was the only one who could understand her like an open book, She still went to him. A useless, powerless, dull, frail human. A worthless human who would be nothing without his face and fame.

Although she despises me now, I can't help but still love her.

I wouldn't blame her for hating me. I did kill her husband and threatened to kill her children.

However, my obsession with her only grew more.

And I will do anything, anything to make her love me back.

But I just never knew she would be the one who would kill me.

The light blinded my vision as I opened my eyes. I grunted and lazily sat up.

Where am I now? I looked around the sunny, grassy field as I feel the breeze kiss my skin. 

"Was it worth it?" I heard a child's voice behind me. I quickly glanced at them and my eyes widen at the sight.

My 7th-year-old self. He had a teddy bear in his hand, the same teddy bear she had.

"Was it worth it?" He asked again, venom laced in his tone.

I clicked my tongue and stood up. I walked towards him and grabbed him by his collar, making him float and making the teddy bear in his hand fall. "What do you mean by that?" I hissed, staring daggers at the younger me. Hatred and irritation in his eyes. 

"He asked if it was worth killing him and in the process of that; Made her despise you." This time, the one who spoke was my 13th-year-old self. He was glaring at me, he was full of bruises, bruises that my parents made.

I release the grip that I had on my 7th-year-old version, making him fall.

"It was worth the satisfaction" I smirked. It was silent for a few moments until my 25th self arrived.

"It's been exactly 5 years since we killed him" He pointed out, he stared at me with the same emotionless face I once made when I killed him. I bit my tongue inside my mouth and blankly stared at the three.

"It was worth the satisfaction, although. It wasn't worth her hatred" I admitted, all three of them stared at me in rage.

"So it wasn't worth it" I added.

I regret killing him. I regret a lot of things I did to her. Why couldn't I just let them... Her to be happy without me?

A few minutes passed by and I see my younger versions were disappearing. I sadly looked around the grassy field, a lone tear falling down my cheeks.

"This is the end huh?" And it really was the end. I closed my eyes and let the eternal darkness consume me.