CHAPTER 1 Camille

This chapter is dedicated to Vrrushali for her sweet and encouraging messages and likes.

"Hey Cami!! How long are you going to stay holed up in there?" My best friend Crystal hollered from the other end of the isle, dangling two management books in her hands.

I generally visit the Malcium National Central Library every other weekend because this library has a vast coverage of collections. Well, it's obvious since it's the largest library in the whole continent of Khamundrun.

Most people come here for the research but I come here for the relaxing feeling this library provides, the research included.

I'm one of the top five lawyers of my law firm and I like to keep myself well updated in all matters and this library, though very old, is the greatest information bank.

If anyone wants to do extensive research technology is not the answer MNC Library is. I'm going to get an award next week for my exceptional performance in a tough case, so I was planning to prepare my speech while sitting in a cubicle.

Another reason I loved this particular library was for its floor length paintings of geographic areas, creatures, historical figures etc.

My eyes roamed through a painting of king Aynaar before focusing on the blonde standing beside it.

"Heya Cristi! I thought you'll be coming after another hour later."

"Camille, an hour has already passed. Come let's have lunch. Aren't you hungry?" Cristal asked me with her usual beaming smile.

"Starving." I returned the favor with my own happy smile. 

I met Crystal almost eleven years ago when I was seventeen and still living with my parents and brothers.

She's a human and the most understanding and positive person I've met so far in my life. Despite the fact that my parents hated that I, a werewolf, hangs around with a human. But we were inseperable friends from the bigenning.

In today's world werewolves and humans have evolved themselves to live together in harmony.

We respect each other's boundaries and don't jump to cut each other's throat. Well, only when there is a cut-throat competition for education and job opportunities.

We have law and order that binds us along with rules that prohibit us from discriminating against each other openly on the basis of our genes.

Although in earlier times, werewolves were the supreme power but during the course of years humans got to know our weak spots and developed special arms and forces for combat that led to The World War I and II. After all the destruction, Civil Rule was finally established between both the species.

Like our species, I am a heavy non-vegetarian food lover and Cristi is a vegan which is not so common since World War II because after the war humans also started adopting werewolf lifestyle, their diet and language included. But while we stayed together, we also adopted each other's habits and tastes. After years of time spent with Cristi, I also started enjoying vegan food.

I lived alone but, my love for food is unparalleled therefore I started learnig how to cook and soon it became one of my talent.