Chapter 17

Rajveer is looking outside the window of his room, wondering about the irony of life.

Someone he is trying to run away from, is someone he shared a un breakable connection with.

So much has changed in the last couple of days. He is subdued a lot after his visit from Nainital.

Choubey asked about Naina but Rajveer told him that he wasn't able to find much about her, except that she is safe and they don't need to consider as threat anymore.

His visit with her parents was not that fruitful. He can very well tell that they are expecting him already.

Naina...his mind is drifting towards her more than often.

But he maintained his distance with her. They have messed up so much that he felt their is an awkwardness between them.

Their is another reason for this distance. He don't trust himself being close to her. She have weird powers as per Rajveer, he feels resisting her as difficult as saying no to food. Being a glutton, its a tough comparison.

Although this distance is effecting him a lot. He is getting gloomier day by day. Completing all his work effectively but his smile is lost.

In his thoughts he entered the cafeteria where he saw her missing again.

He sighed and took a cup of coffee. He is checking for a corner empty table when Shalini spotted him.

"Captain...kidhar khoye hue hai", she asked.

"Kahin nahin. Bas thinking where to sit", he told truthfully.

"Sit with me. Ajkal to na coffee na lunch na dinner, I get no company from you or Naina...kahan hai Aap dono?", she asked.

Rajveer gave a small smile and sit across her.

"What up Captain? Why so low?", Shalini asked.

"No...nothing like that", Rajveer said pursing his lips.

"Mat batayiye if you don't want to tell...par I can see that you are very disturbed from last couple of days. You can share it with me captain", Shalini said with a smile.

Rajveer genuinely smiled at her, "I will if there is anything . Thanks Shalini".

His coffee is over. He got up to leave when he spotted her.

Their eyes met briefly. He gave her a small smile which she returned and they left.

Shalini is watching this wondering what happened with them. They are usually in each other's throat and now they hardly talk.

—————————————————————————

Rajveer is working on his lesson plans when he heard a knock and looked up expectantly.

But he saw Ritu standing on his door.

"Oh Hello Dr. Ritu. Please come in", he said with a smile.

Ritu came inside and took a seat opposite him.

"Please tell me how can I help you?", he asked wrapping up his lesson plans.

"Pata nahin aapko yad hoga ya nahin par mai ek report par kam kar rahi thi cadets ko lekar", she said.

Rajveer squeezed his brows to remember.

"Ahh...yes. It's been long we had that discussion. So is it ready Dr?", he asked.

"Yes it is. That why I came to talk to you regarding it", she replied.

"What do you want to discuss with me?", he asked curiously.