Gazing at the Stars

(The image is what Nash Looks like)

An elderly Besalisk was walking through the streets of Mos Eisley when he heard a strange noise coming from a dark alleyway. Instinctively he turned to walk away from the noise in fear it might be someone trying to hurt him. But after a second or two, he realised what the noise was.

The noise seemed to be a young voice crying. Being the kind old man he is the Besalisk wandered cushions into the dark alleyway.

As he approached the sound cries of anguish grew louder, and he began to worry about what he might find.

Closer and closer he slowly crept as he eventually found himself standing over a young man, maybe about 5 years old. The boy's skin was a deep neon blue, his eyes were a glistening red and his wavy rustled up hair was a dark blue.

The boy was lying over two dead corpses looking similar to him. The boy wept over these two bodies that were covered with blood and lashes all over them.

The boy flinched in fear as he saw the Besalisk he started crawling behind a dumpster in panic, his eyes filled with pure terror.

"It's ok young man. I'm not going to hurt you." The Besalisk said softly.

"My name is Kor. What's yours?" he asked the boy with no response. Tears now rolling down the blue boy's face as he breathed heavily.

Kor then looked down at his yellow scarf coming up with an idea. He slipped the scarf off his neck and handed it to the boy saying. "Wear this. It will make you strong."

The boy hesitantly took the bright yellow scarf and placed it over his head. His neck was much smaller than Kor's so it hung loosely on him.

"Are those your parents?" Kor asked staring straight at the boy. The boy gently nodded and he seemed to look like he wasn't scared anymore.

"What happened to them?" Kor asked gently.

After a brief silence the boy spoke to Kor saying "Someone came up to my Mummy and Daddy and hurt them with a knife." He said with a slight sniff.

Kor looked back at the boy's parent's lifeless bodies. He pondered his options for a while. He couldn't just leave the boy to die in the streets of Mos Eisley. It would be too irresponsible of him.

Kor offered one of his 4 hands to the boy and said "Come with me. I'll protect you."

The boy hesitantly took Kor's hand then Kor lifted the boy to his feet as he stumbled into his arms. Kor held him tight so he wouldn't fall and the boy felt something he hadn't felt in a long time. He felt the loving embrace of someone that wanted to help and protect him.

Kor held the boy's tiny little hand as he lead him back to his workshop. They walked for a very long time and the boy seemed to get very tired but eventually the boy looked up to see a sign saying Korscrew Workshop.

They walked past the workshop and into a nearby hut where the boy sat down and drank some blue milk that Kor gave him.

Kor decided to not ask too many questions so as not to overwhelm the boy. But there was one question he had to ask.

"What is your name?" Kor asked softly.

"My name?" the boy said nervously.

Then the boy looked down at his drink and said faintly "I don't think I have one."

Kor stood there shocked and stared at the nameless boy pitifully. Kor asked why and the boy explained that his parents mostly ignored him and whenever they would, they call him things like Boy or Kid.

It was getting pretty late and the boy seemed very tired so Kor lead him to a guest room where he could sleep.

A week passed as Kor tried to comfort the boy for the loss of his parents. Although his parents straight up ignored him, he still loved them deeply.

Throughout the week Kor noticed a lot about the boy. As shy as we he was he was also very curious, often asking questions about what Kor was working on in his workshop.

And every night before the boy went to bed he would look out the window gazing at the stars in awe. As he got more and more comfortable with Kor the boy would often tell him how he wanted to live in the stars.

About 2 weeks after Kor found the boy he came up with an idea.

"Young man, may I ask you something?" Kor asked as they were having breakfast. The boy nodded.

"How would you like to live with me?" Kor asked with a huge smile.

The boy got up excitedly and frantically nodded his head. The young boy found Kor so cool so he would love to live with him.

"If so I think I should give you a name." Kor said as he thought about how often the boy looked to the stars.

"How about Nash? It's the name of the stars you look at in the night sky every night."

"Nash, yeah I like that." Nash said with the biggest grin on his face.

Nash and Kor agreed that he couldn't live with Kor for free if Nash helped Kor on the workshop. Kor would obviously show Nash how to be a mechanic, and Nash picked it up pretty quickly.

For the next 16 years Nash and Kor lived and worked together side by side. As they both got older Nash took up much more responsibility, being the main person to test pilot the ships they repaired. Making him a decent pilot.

They repaired all sorts of people's ships whether it be stone-cold Mandalorian, sketchy, Twi'lek, righteous Jedi or crazy-haired Rodians. The fixed everyone ships.

However growing up in the sketchy environment of Tatooine Nash was no longer the bubbly boy he use to be. Nash became cold and untrustworthy of others. Although he would work for others it was only because it was his job.

Nash was still a nice person, Kor made sure of that. But Nash preferred to stay to himself. Whenever he went on an errand for Kor he would get in and get out. No time for messing around.

Whenever Nash met a new person his first thought wasn't how could he befriend with this person? As it was in the past. But what does this person want from me and how could they hurt me?

Nash genuinely thought that he and Kor were the only good people on Tatooine, and possibly the whole galaxy. He had met good people throughout his years as a mechanic but always thought they were hiding their true colours.

Recently Kor started working for the Galactic Republic, repairing any ships they couldn't.

Nash walked into the workshop and saw Kor tinkering with something he didn't recognise.

"What's that?" Nash asked bluntly.

"Oh Nash, you're back. It is nothing just a passion project. I'm sure you would know what that's like." Kor said gesturing to the little customs droid Nash built.

"Give MO-82 more credit. He's more than a project." Nash said as MO gave a happy squeak.

"So Nash I know you've been dying to go on another errand." Kor said sarcastically.

"Yippie." Nash said unenthusiastically.

"I need you to go to Coruscant for me and pick up some plans the Galactic Republic wants to give us."

"Coruscant? I've never gone that far before. I have barely been off-planet." Nash said.

"Yeah I know but I figured it was time for you to branch out a bit. Besides I've already agreed and it's not like these old bones can go to Coruscant."

"I guess." Nash said defeatedly.

"Great! You'll take MO and the Nova Trail whenever you're ready."

"Ok, see you in a couple of weeks Kor." Nash said as he started getting ready.

Little did Nash know that this trip to Coruscant will change his life forever.

INCOME THE CAMPAIGN. As I said in the bio I won't be sharing the campaign so this is the end of Nash's backstory. Hope you enjoyed!