Stay Alive ≫ Firestar x Dying! Daughter! Reader x Sandstorm (PLATONIC)

Art: mandareeboo

⚠️ Warnings ⚠️
• Some gore
• Angst
• Death

Edit: Yes, this chapter is based off of Hamilton. You can stop asking asking about it now

****

You weren't even sure what had happened at first. All you knew was that ShadowClan scent had been found rather deep into ThunderClan territory, so Firestar had sent you, Cloudtail, Rosepetal, Thornclaw, and Brackenfur to patrol the area and see if you could find any further evidence before he decided to confront Blackstar. The five of you had set out late into the evening and arrived at your destination, where Cloudtail announced that the scent was much stronger than it had been the day before. Everything after that was a blur. Scorchfur leaped out of nowhere and tackled the white warrior to the ground, shredding his ear. You moved to defend your clanmate, but Ratscar was on top of you before you could jump on the gray tom. Five other ShadowClan warriors made their appearance and it became quite clear that your patrol was outnumbered. Rosepetal suddenly let out a screech of pain and you managed to throw Ratscar off of your back and race to her aid. Applefur had the cream-colored she-cat pinned by her neck, ready to slash her throat. You sprang onto the ShadowClan she-cat's back, shredding her ear and clawing one of her eyes. Applefur had thrown you off in a rage, and before you could get up, she sank her teeth deep into the back of your neck. Now you were being carried hastily back to camp by Lionblaze and Foxleap, dark, thick blood staining the snowy ground crimson.

Firestar's POV

Firestar emerged from his den, shaking scraps of moss from his pelt. There appeared to be a commotion in the camp, as every ThunderClan cat was anxiously pacing about, hackles raised and eyes wide with horror. "You mean Firestar's daughter?" Someone murmured quietly as the leader made his way down to the assembled crowd. His ears perked up at that. Which daughter?

"What's going on?" Firestar asked, maintaining a collected stance. His clan seemed to suddenly notice his presence, because everyone began muttering amongst themselves, sorrow in their eyes.

"It's (Y/N)," Lionblaze meowed slowly, approaching the front of the crowd. "She's..." He trailed off, swallowing as of a thorn was lodged in his throat. Suddenly, all of Firestar's composure was gone.

"What about (Y/N)?" He demanded, noticing Rosepetal's deep wounds. "What's happened to her?" Once again, Lionblaze sighed sadly, shaking his head. He looked back at Foxleap, who timidly stepped forward and bowed his head.

"(Y/N) was gravely injured by Applefur during a border skirmish," He meowed quietly, as if speaking too loud would fracture the very ground they were standing on. "Jayfeather is taking care of her. She was—" Firestar didn't wait to hear another word. With a snarl he shoved past Foxleap, galloping toward the medicine den like his life depended on it. He charged past Leafpool and Squirrelflight, who were sitting together with somber expressions. Jayfeather emerged from his den, turning just in time to see Firestar hurtling toward him.

"Where is my daughter!?" He demanded desperately, his tone rising with panic. The blind tom blinked in surprise, then regained his composure.

"Firestar, come in. They brought her in a half an hour ago. She lost a lot of blood on the way over—"

"Is she alive!?" Firestar demanded once more, his voice trembling like an aspen. The thought of one of his kits bleeding out made him sick. Jayfeather looked down, his ears flattening and pain crossing his slender face.