Hard knock life eh?

REMINDER- I have never written a story before, I have terrible grammar and my iPad that I am writing on glitches alot and I have a horrible memory. So sorry in advance

Leila pov

"You think she's dead?" I asked, standing over Bela's pale body, looking down at her eyes, red from irritation.

"Maybe. You should check, I don't wanna touch......that." My twin responded, making a face at our poor excuse of a mothers body.

Not that we could ever call her our mother, she put us through to much, just for her own sick, twisted pleasure. So twisted, it would make murderers rethink their torture/killing methods.

"You're going to make me touch that?! I don't think so! What happened to 'oh I'm the older twin I have first rights, I get to do things but you can't' huh!?! What happened?" I semi yelled at my twin, Liam.

" Yah?! What happened to ' we're the same age, just because you are 11 minutes older doesn't mean you have endless possibilities and I am restricted' what happened to that eh?" Liam sassed back at me.

" She's dead." I pouted, after checking her pulse.

"What? When did you check?" He asked, confused.

" When you were too busy ranting. Sometimes I wonder if your actually older and Bela didn't just lie to us again." I grumbled.

"Oh. Well, Ima call the cops, should I put on the water works, go blank, or be the big older brother comforting the younger sister?" He asked, smirking and raising an eyebrow at me.

"Non osare " I warned, gritting my teeth. He just smirked at me. He just smirked!

Don't you dare

Liam pov

"Non osare" Leila warned me. I only studied in response, grabbing my phone from my pocket and dialing 911.

" 911 what's your emergency?" The woman on the other end of the phone asked.

"My mother is dead. She OD'd I think." I responded, my voice hoarse, as if I was just crying.

"Where are you? Are you alone with your mother?" The dispatcher asked.

" I'm at ******************. I'm not alone, I'm with my twin sister. Hey its going to be ok." I replied, turning to Leila at the last part. Making it sound as if I was comforting her. She only fake sniffles and scowls at me.

"Okay, I'm sending an ambulance over now, would you like to stay on the line with me until they get there?" The dispatcher asked in a softer voice. She probably pitied us, thinking we were just two kids scared shitless, standing over their mothers dead body.

"Nah, I'll just wait for them." I replied, hanging up.

"Mio dio! Why would she send over an ambulance if she's already dead? Oh shit that was stupid! They kinda have to, its a requirement." Leila rambled. I only looked at her with an eyebrow raised, amused , and waited for her to finish.

My god

~5 minutes later ~

"I'm sorry for your loss." A paramedic said, turning to look at us with pity in his eyes. The paramedics had just gotten here a few minutes before and had just finished looking over Bella's body.

"I'm going to need you to come with me. I need to take you to the station. Do you have any relatives you know of?" A tall officer with short brown hair and brown asked. Officer Farley, judging by his name tag on his uniform.

"No. All our relatives are dead, its just us." I responded. Glancing at my birth giver.

"Alright then, come with me and we will search the system to look for a place for you guys to stay." Officer Farley said, leading Leila and I our of our beat up house.

Leila pov

Why am I thinking of "Its the hard knock life" from Annie?

I turned to my twin.

"A saol cnag crua eh?" I asked, grinning.

Its a hard knock life eh?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count- 655