Prologue

It's preferable to be despised for who you are than to be adored for who you are not. It's bizarre how people are hated more for being honest than for being fake.

I remember what my teacher said when I was in high school. She said that no one is more hated than the person who speaks the truth. And I agree with her because I am the perfect example of that.

They said that I am too sensitive to be in this world. That I found everything offending that's why no one wants to befriend me. Because who would like to befriend a person who will lecture you everytime you open your mouth. And to let you feel how pathetic you are. No one.

I am an extremely sensitive person. I don't just listen to what you're saying. I pay attention to your tone of voice, your actions, your eyes, and your nuanced expressions. I'm the type of person who will correct you everytime you did a mistake. But I only do that to make them learn from their mistakes and for them to not to do that again. It's also for them. To make them grow as a person. And it's not my fault if they think bad about it. After all, I didn't do that thing just to pleased them.

I always heard them comparing me to my other siblings. That I am the most unlikeable among them. Summer, who always speaks what on her mind without any hesitation but still loved because she is a social butterfly and knows how to join a crowd. Winter, who is always into trouble but still have friends to back her up.

And me? They called me 'pakialamera' and such. That I always stick my nose to someone else's business. That I don't know the word 'privacy'. That among my siblings... I am the cold-hearted bitch.

"Gil is so bagal talaga. Ang kupad-kupad kumilos kahit kailan."

I pierced my lips to stop myself from eavesdropping. I focused myself on reviewing my notes because we'll have recitation later. But their loud voices distracted me because they are just few meters away from me.

I tucked my chestnut long curly hair at the back of my ear when it was blown on my face. I played my parker duofold classic black gold trim ballpen between my index and middle finger while reading my notes.

"Why is she even belong on our circle, Debbie?" Coming from a screechy voice, I know that it's Stacey.

I just know their names because they're my classmate in Fundamentals of Horticulture subject. Also, I once fought with them because I saw them making fun of the girl from HRM Department. So, we aren't really in good terms.

"Isn't obvious? Para may utusan tayo dito. Gosh! Mindset girlie!" It's Clover, the one who completes the trio.

"Clo's right. If it weren't for that stupid Gil, we will have to do the things on our own. Hayaan niyo siya magassume that she belongs to us. She doesn't know that we have a group chat na wala siya."

I let out a sigh in disappointment. Even though I don't have friends, I'm thankful to that. I prefer to be alone than to be surrounded with fake people. And to the girl that they were backstabbing. I hope she realize soon that she deserves better. That she should not settle for less. Time will come and she will be in the right circle of friends.

"I know right. She's a pity. I nearly laugh nga kanina no'ng sinabi niya na ang tahimik daw ng group chat natin. Little did she know that we were so loud sa isang group chat natin na wala siya." Clover laughed like a fool.

"Hey, shut up. She's here."

I gave a side glance to see who was the girl they were bad mouthing. I saw a girl who seems struggling carrying a lot of paper bags that came from our cafeteria. And none of them bothered to help the poor girl. They just reacted when the girl placed the paper bags in front of them.