CHAPTER 4 - Small Favors

You grinned. "You're never really alone. The people close to you are here," you pointed to her heart. "Even if you are far, far away."

The two other kids from your coupe went off before your stop so you moved under the window, letting Peter move under the door so all of you could have a bit more room. Although, it wasn't a long time until your stop also arrived and all of you stood there dumbfoundedly.

"Well this is delightful," you muttered, Edmund beside you letting out a snort at your comment.

As a car started to come, all of you picked up your suitcases, the others had shoulder bags too but they didn't need to be picked up, running to the edge so the car wouldn't miss you. If it was here for you that is. Which it wasn't.

"The Professor knew we were coming," Susan commented.

"Perhaps, we've been incorrectly labeled," Edmund wondered, looking at his sign. But a horse-drawn carriage came into view almost as soon as he said that, a strict-looking woman sitting behind the white horse.

"Mrs. Macready?" Peter questioned as the horse came to a stop.

"I'm afraid so," she answered blankly. You resisted scrunching up your nose. That wasn't a way to treat kids. Kids who had seen horrors some could never even imagine. "Is this it then? Haven't you brought anything else?" she asked, pulling you out of your analysis.

"No, Ma'am. It's just us," Peter said politely. Lucy nodded along.

"Small favors."