Chapter 6: Lynx

Previously...
I stopped being a creep and walked back to Gon. He was near Kurapika and Leorio. I wanted to be with them but right now there was only one thing in my mind. It isn't the Void nor my emptiness. The only thing in my mind is...

Who is that boy?

--------->>>>><<<<<--------
A weird noise snapped me out of my thoughts. It was a timer that a guy had in his hand. He was on top of a pipe.

"The time for the reception is over. Now the exam can begin." Then he jumped off the pipe.

"This way please." Everyone started following the examiner.

No introductions I see. How formal...

"Gon I'm going ahead to hear what the examiner says better, see you guys later." Gon nodded and smiled.

He smiles a lot but it fits his personality. The amount of light a person as dark as I needs.

The examiner explained how this part of the exam would go. He introduced himself as Satotz. Instructions were easy. Just follow the leader.

It can't be as easy as this... There must be a trick.

I looked back and saw the mysterious assassin from earlier.

I want to know him better and besides I really don't have a reason to why I'm taking this exam. I'm just doing it because fate decided to bring me here.

I slowed down a bit so I could be near Gon and the others.

Wait Mr. Assassin was riding a skateboard! That brat... He doesn't even have to walk.

When I was next to them Leorio was shouting at Mr. Assassin. This made me laugh at loud, Leorio that's not how you make friends.

Wait... Who am I to talk!? I don't have friends. This made laugh even more.

"Hey, you! How old are you" he asked Gon.

Me being well me answered. Yes I know the question wasn't meant for me. Hey! Don't judge me I'm just trying to join in on the fun.

"I'm 12!" I said cheerfully.

Ugh why am I talking like this it's annoying. This makes me sound like a whiny prissy princess. Everything I'm not. Great, now I'm starting to annoy myself.

"I didn't ask you, Tsk." Mr. Assassin said coldly.

Damn looks like I found the prissy princess after all.

"Why are you so rude!" I pouted. He just rolled his eyes at my childishness.

I mentally laughed trying not to break my façade.

"I'm 12." Gon said smiling.

"Me too. I'm Killua." Said prissy princ- I mean Killua.

'Wow Killua your introductions are splendid!' I thought sarcastically.

"I'm Gon!"

"And I'm the queen of the universe." I said with a mystical voice and an enchanting smile.

"Really!?" Gon said loudly.

"No... I'm just Calypso." I said my voice going to its normal tone.

Killua rolled his eyes. He then jumped off his skateboard doing a trick.

"Nice trick, Killua!" Gon said amazed by the obvious amazing trick he just did. Which I'm totally not jealous of.

"And who're you, pops? He asked Leorio.

"I'm no pops! I'm not even 20 yet!!" Leorio screamed at Killua.

I saw Kurapika running ahead to avoid the argument. I followed him because Leorio's screams were going to leave me deaf. Or most likely dead.

Then I saw Leorio stopping. What the hell is it now!

I stopped and I saw Gon stopping too.

Out of nowhere Leorio blasted past us.

Oh crap he left his suitcase! I was about to get it but Gon caught it by using his fishing rod.

I gave him a thumbs up and internally screamed since everyone has cool tricks and I'm still me.

We started running passing by most of the people. Some were starting to drop out.

Then Satotz started climbing a flight of stairs as slow as he could muster.

This bastard wants to drain us!!

Gon and Killua were talking but my mind drifted back into the deep corner of my mind where my dark thoughts lie. Trying to decipher the Void.

Why was that happening to me? Is anyone else in this world going through the same thing? I really need someone to tell but deep inside I'm scared. I hate to admit it but it's scary. I'm scared of being laughed at when asking for help. I'm scared of losing everything I've obtained. I try to be strong and resolve my own problems. Being with a mother that doesn't even care for your existence. Also having no friends just enemies can make you lose all hope. It makes you question your existence. Thinking of the what if's but never being able to change the past that's the now glued to you. I just wished everything would turn out perfectly, but who said life would be easy?

The boys decided we should race to the exit. Whoever won would get lunch from the losers. I agreed because why not? As we started running I just closed my eyes and smiled.

Opening my eyes I felt the warm light hit my face. Smirking I pushed past Gon and Killua.

They slowed down a bit because of the impact. Getting there first I decided to hide. When they got to the exit they were arguing about who got here first.

Walking behind them I poked their shoulders.

"Hmm. I got here first but I don't need the lunch. It was fun racing though." I said smiling sweetly.

Lies... I wanted the free lunch.

Some minutes later Leorio and Kurapika arrived. Mouth agape I stared at Kurapika. He didn't have his tribal clothes. He looked so hot.

"What are you looking at." Killua asked

"Nothing..." I blushed at how close he got.

He kept pressing closer. Stepping over the line of personal space.

"Lynx back off!" I told Killua

"Lynx? What the hell! My name is Killua not Lynx get it right, princess." He stated with a scowl.

"Yeah right, like that's going to happen while you are calling me princess." I chuckled darkly.

Killua blushed a little. Are my eyes deceiving me or did Mr. Assassin here just blush? I have to admit it he looked cute. Which approves my reason to calling him Lynx. Lynxes are adorable.

We were interrupted by Satotz who started explaining more about the Phase Two.

But a passenger thoughts bothered me. Those eyes... Killua. Every time I look at your eyes I feel a sense of safety. Like nothing really matters. The Void doesn't exist nor my past.

Just Gon, Leorio, Kurapika and you...

---------->>>>><<<<<-----------
Author's Note
Hey guys! Here's an update. Thanks to all those who have been really nice to me and love my book. I never imagined anyone was going to read my books. Oh and if any of you guys want to tell me something about the book or have any question message me. Also if you just want to talk.

Love you all, Stay Beautiful!
~Truffs