Prologue

Don't judge me for the story I'm about to tell, my entire being is this tale. An important question: Do you believe in magic? The human race led you to believe that magic is a thing of legend, nothing more than fairy tale. But I assure that it is very real, I'm a prime example of that fact.

A man (I am no man), ran through a wide windowless corridor lit by fluorescent lights. He was a little on the heavy the side, his ugly green button up shirt stretched over his round belly. His balding head gleamed with sweat. The look on his face was a shocked one but strangely happy. He burst through a set of double doors at the end. He had entered a waiting room of sorts, people in lab coats milling around the dim room.

"Ah!" Exclaimed a smooth female voice. "Mr. Anderson, you've finally arrived. Come here, quick." Her voice had a hint of a British lit.

Dr. Fields stood by a large viewing window, a ghost of a smile on her face. Most who beheld the young woman, recalled her to be the most beautiful thing. Her beauty was almost un-measurable. Her long golden hair was back in a loose twisting braid. Her greenish grey eyes full of life. She gestured for Mr. Anderson to come closer.

 The man reluctant looked through the observation window, almost afraid of what he might see on the other side. But all he saw was a sleeping baby. "Is that...?"

Dr. Fields nodded. "Today, on the Winter Solstice, the final leader was born," She said, regarding the peaceful infant through the glass. "It's too bad we can't keep him. He is rather cute."

Mr. Anderson gawked at the woman. "We're not bringing him to the academy?" He questioned, eyes wide. 

"Of course not. They deserve a chance at a normal life in the human world, before the weight of our world is put on their shoulders." The doctor stated and started to walk out of the waiting room. 

"So they will have no knowledge of our world at all?" He sputtered, chasing after her. 

"Not until they are all sixteen years old, no. And you're not going to fight me on this decision, okay?" She stopped in the hallway, turning to the man, an eyebrow raised. 

Mr. Anderson nodded grimly. "Good, now go inform the family please. I need to return to the academy." The doctor said and disappeared around the corner. 

Outside the hospital, the woman gained stares but they didn't last long. Sun beamed down on her, melting the snow under her feet. The sunlight around her seemed to shift and she was gone, away with a gust of summer breeze.