Chapter 2

Carrying a box of toys, Ross walks around the shop, placing the newly crafted toys on the shelves. Flaversham glances over, smiling at the extra hand around the shop.

"Thank you again for the extra help, although it's not necessary." Ross glances up from his work at Flaversham and shakes his head.

"It's no trouble. Its the least i could do for you after you offered me to stay here!" Ross states, continuing to stock shelves. Ross's ear flicked as the sound of little footsteps coming into the shop. Ross turns as he is approached by Flaversham's young daughter, Olivia. Ross chuckles as he puts down the box and looks at Olivia. "Can i help you miss Olivia?" She giggles and gives him a big smile.

"I was just wondering if you would like to play with me?" Ross and Olivia stare into each other's eyes before Ross breaks out laughing, looking over at Hiram. Hiram looks at his daughter and back at Ross before nodding, giving him the ok. Ross looks back at Olivia and nods. Olivia's face lights up as she takes his hand and takes him up to her room. Ross chuckles as she guides him, reminding him of his own little sister back home. You and Raven would have been fast friends. He grins at the thought. But there are universes where he wouldn't want Raven to follow him to. This one seemed fine, but there is an uncomfortable amount of uneasiness about it.

"Are you alright, Mr. Garuda?" Ross snaps out of his thoughts and looks down at the tiny Olivia. She gives her a light smile.

"Yes, i'm fine. You just remind me a lot of my younger sister." Olivia's mouse ears twitch, the last bit obviously catching her attention.

"You have a little sister!?" Her eyes glimmer brightly as she looks up at the older mouse. He laughs at her question and nods, smiling.

"Yup. She's around your age. She is super shy, likes birds-"

"May i know her name?" Olivia's voice chirps in, curiosity laced in the words.

"Her name is Raven, and i do believe you two would get along." Olivia smiles as she squeals in excitement. "If she can get over her shyness, which she can if she's willing."

"I hope to meet her sometime!" Ross smiles and rubs Olivia's head, messing up her hair. She giggles and takes his hand off, and fixes her hair.

"So, what exactly do you want to play?" Olivia smiles as she goes through a box filled of different little dolls, all looking pretty handmade by her father. Ross chuckles as Olivia picks a certain few before putting some back in the box. She brings the dolls over and sets them on the floor, in front of Ross. She takes a seat on the floor across from Ross.

"You can choose the first doll!" Olivia beams, giving Ross a few choices. Ross looks down at the selected dolls in front of him. He takes a seat as he looks over each doll's details. One appeared to be a wooden english mouse guard, another was a plush bear with a few patches, the third looking like a rag mouse princess with a beautiful silk dress. Ross carefully takes the guard doll, holding it up. Olivia goes for the bear and holds it up, growling like a bear, holding the doll to her face. Ross laughs as he holds the doll up like it was preparing for an attack from the bear. Olivia giggles as she pretends to have the bear attack Ross's doll. Unknown to the two, Hiram watches from behind the door, smiling at them. He's thankful that someone like Ross would be willing to play with his little girl and enjoy it. But with Olivia's birthday around the corner, he needed the help to distract Olivia from the work he was doing on his little surprise for her. Hiram takes a step away from the door as he heads back down to his workshop, pulling out a wrench to continuing working.

Ross Garuda... you are what i needed to keep this gift a secret from Olivia. Perhaps he'd want to join me tomorrow for getting preparations for her birthday! A smile forms on the Toy Maker's face as he continues working on his surprise gift. He wanted her to have the best birthday ever, and that means putting his all into his newest and greatest toy he ever made: a working ballerina wind up toy.