🍰 chapter 1 || meeting him

as i said before, i have improved a lot from being 13, so if there are any male or female love interests yall would like to see, js lmk :3 and again, does not follow the plot of the story fully.

onto the story!

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

You were quickly making some pastries for an unknown buyer that was coming by, they had ordered a dozen cupcakes, apparently for a party of....2..suprisingly. The store had already closed for the night so you were rushing a tad bit.

You quickly decorated the assortment of cupcakes to all have a different color of frosting, and sprinkles. You whipped them up quickly, and finished them, and you packed them up for the road, and wrote the mans name on the packaging. His name was...

MK.

A short but sweet name. after writing that onto the box of cupcakes, you got onto preparing another order until..

"I'm here for the cupcakes!" He said, barging into the bakery. You assumed it was MK, he wasnt what you expected, but not bad looking by any means. He had brown spikey hair, adorned with a red bandana, and a yellow jacket with a white shirt underneath. It wasn't much, but he knew how to style it

"Oh, I see! You're.. MK right?" you said turning around, your hair flowing in the air that was coming out of the window. Your [E/C] eyes gleaming with happiness, and your pearly whites complementing your [S/C] skin.

He was speechless, you were gorgeous. he stared into your eyes, Not realizing you were still talking to him.

"Is this not..MK? S-Sorry I get names confused a lot! Would you like something small for the inconvenience?" you said, quite embarrassed, thinking you had made a mistake in your order names. He then looked at you, flustered, noticing he was staring. He then fixed his posture, coughed and brushed off his clothing, and spoke up.

"N-No! Sorry, this is MK, I was just a little shocked by.. your.. um..Baking! You run this store all by yourself?" He asked, leaning his elbow on the counter so he could get a closer look at you.

"Mhm! Family owned, but I took it on and kinda made it my own thing, I-I didnt expect it to blow up so much though.." You said giggling nervously, playing with your hair, you seemed even more nervous than he was now.

"Thats so cool! How'd you do it?! It became so popular, and in a super short amount of time!" he said, eyes beaming with enthusiasm

You giggled and wiped your hair out of your face, and smiled at him and said;

"Let's just say,, a lot of practice and hard work. You would know, you're always saving the city from villains. That must've took a lot of practice nd'training too, huh?" You paused, getting the box of cupcakes and sliding it over to him.

"That must've been way harder..b-but think of it as the same thing? Kinda..?" you said trailing off. MK was astonished by not only your beauty, but your kindness also shocked him, most people were either rude to him for no reason, were his enemy, or one of his friends. he then shook his head, fixed his posture, then continued.

"Yeah! I have to train with the Monkey King everyday after work, it takes a lot of time, and its really hard. But thankfully I have my friends on my side to help me!" He smirked confidently. You then frowned and sighed.

"I wish that was the case for me. I had to do this all alone, I never had any friends that were there for me.. Atleast as of late.." you said looking down, making MK's smirk turn into a small frown. "N-Not that its a big deal or anything! I just miss the company.." You said quickly, replacing the frown with a grin

"Hey, don't look so down..I'll be your friend!" He said, lo putting his oking down into your eyes.

"N-No--Well um- you don't have to feel forced to be my friend just because I said all of those things--" You said looking away before he had cut you off by grabbing your hand

"I said I would be your friend, and theres nothing thats gonna change that. And you need more friends than just me, so your not lonely anymore! Your shop is already closed for the night, and you don't have any reservations, right?" He said, grabbing you from the waist, and picking you up, and out from behind the counter causing you to yelp slightly.

"N-No--But I don't wanna be a burden.." You said embarrassed, hiding your face in your hands. "Plus we just met..wont it be a little awkward?" you asked.

"You can't, burden me, promise! And I know this is kinda sudden, but I think we're gonna get along just fine." he said while removing your hands from your face, holding his hand out for you to grab, and then grinning, making you blush a slight scarlet.

"O-Okay! Let's go.." You said grasping his hand, it felt as if it had scars on it, yet it felt suprisingly soft. He then pulled out his staff, and began to speak.

"Hold on, tight. Trust me, and if you fall, I'll catch you." He said grinning as he pulled you onto his staff with him.

"Are you suUUUUURE!" He already started to fly as you gripped onto his staff tightly.

"Flower fruit mountain here we come!" He said happily as he soared through the skies with you.

___

i hope this was an improvement from the old one as i cringed so hard reading it. im trying to make y/n a little more likeable atleast to me bc the way i wrote her before she was kinda a tad bit of a pick me 😭 but here u guys go!!