Chapter XIII.

Jacks POV

A bright shining light burning into my closed eyelids woke me up. The pounding in my head was horrendous, making me groan as soon as my eyes opened. I sat up as slowly as possible, rubbing my eyes and groaning again as the pounding in my head just got a little worse.

I managed to open my eyes fully, furrowing my eyebrows I look around at the unfamiliar room. Panic began to build up as I looked around the messy room; soon realizing that this was a females room.

I look over beside once I felt something move beside me, praying that Skylar was the one next to me. Brown hair was scattered across the girls face and the only sound in the room was her breathing and the agonizing sound of the clock tick-tocking.

I reached over and gingerly removed the hair from her face and nearly screamed;

it wasn't Skylar.

* * * *

Skylar's POV

"Remind me to never go to another California party again." I groaned, rubbing my head as I shuffled my feet across the hard wood floors into the kitchen.

"It wasn't that bad, Sky." Alexis chortled, sipping on her glass of water.

"Maybe for you because you're use to partying, I'm not. My head feels like it's gonna fall off." I sighed, popping an Advil in my mouth and drowning it with water.

"You just gotta get use to it, that was the first time you ever let loose, drank and danced." She noted.

She was right, after my second shot I was completely comfortable with dancing. Usually I'm the quiet girl in the corner observing drunk people, but last night I was apart of the group of drunk people.

I wasn't even really drunk, more tipsy but I was still coherent.

"How did we even get here again?" Alexis asked, squinting her eyes.

"I called an uber." I smiled softly, "Anyways, where's the boys?" I asked, hopping onto the counter.

"Sam is passed out in the living room along with Nate, Johnson's in his room and I thought Jack was with you?" She said more as a question.

I shook my head, "No, I thought he was in the living room or something."

"Did he get in the uber last night?" She inquired.

I bit my lip as I squinted my eyes, trying to remember, "I don't think so." I mumbled.

I ran my hands through my hair, "Oh god, where's Jack?" I began to panic, jumping off the counter and running up the stairs into the room to grab my phone.

Alexis shortly came up the stairs and into the room, breathing heavily, she leaned against the doorframe, "Sky relax, he probably stayed the night there because he couldn't get back."

I shook my head as I quickly searched for his number and clicking call, plopping down on the bed I began to bounce my leg on the ball of my foot.

One ring.

Two rings.

Three rings.

Four ring-

"Skylar?" His raspy morning voice answered in a low whisper.

"Jack?! Oh thank god you're alright." I exhaled in relief, "where the hell are you?" I asked.

"Skylar, before you freak out just know I don't remember anything." He began.

My stomach dropped and my heart began to race, "What did you do, Jack?" I tentatively asked.