chapter thirty-three

"So she's not dead huh?" One of Aaliyah's co-worker friends said in a snarky tone.

Vinnie didn't answer her, smirking to himself when Aaliyah hushed the woman next to her. He kept his eyes on the paper as he Bear signed in.

"Vinnie wait." Aaliyah grabbed his arm as he walked into the hallway.

"Will you please stop bothe-"

But Vinnie wasn't able to finish his sentence due to a kiss planted firmly on his lips. A kiss that he quickly pulled away from.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Vinnie asked, wiping lipstick from his face.

"You know for a fact that I'll always be better than her." Aaliyah said, referring to Emily, who by now, everyone knew was alive.

"I really don't need this today. Please just not today." Vinnie grumbled as he looked down at her.

"I don't care Vinnie. You waited all this time for me to finally have broken everything off with you so you could go back to the girl who cheated on you a million times, broke your heart, and left you as a single father at 16." Aaliyah's voice turned from her normal soft tone to one filled with venom and hate.

"How was I waiting to be with her if I thought she was dead?" Vinnie snapped, closing the space between the two of them.

"Because you probably knew she wasn't." Aaliyah answered.

"You don't remember the night I found out? The night I was out of my head in grief? You don't fucking remember when I layed in your arms all night crying so hard I couldn't breathe. I wouldn't have been a mess if I knew she wasn't dead. I've admitted several times to fucking up our relationship but I think that this really stupid conversation proves that you are no different than any other girl in this world." Vinnie spat, shoving past her in the hallway and walking out of the school to his car.

——

"Hey don't you have work?" Emily asked as an angry looking Vinnie walked into her room and layed in her bed.

"Yes, but I need a distraction before I go." Vinnie answered.

"What do you want me to do?" Emily asked as she crawled in the bed and hovered above him.

"Suck my dick or something. Only if you're comfortable with that." Vinnie answered.

"Now you care to ask if I'm comfortable with it or not?" Emily asked.

"I was different then Em. I wouldn't do that you or anyone now." Vinnie answered her softly as he stared up at her.

"I know Vin. I'm just fucking with you." Emily said, leaning down to kiss his lips.

"How bad do you want this?" Emily whispered against his lips.

"Really bad. Now please distract me."

(a/n: maybe we found out a little bit of the secret emily threatened to expose ???)