1 / forks

A/N: My oc is NOT Bella, she just has the same parents.

——————

——————

I pull my last suitcase out of the car with a huff. Only a few more minutes to go until I am free of my insufferable mother.

"Do you have your boarding pass printed out?" Asks Phil, my step-father.

I shake my head. "I have it on my phone," I hold my phone up to him with the boarding pass on the screen.

We take the shuttle bus from the parking garage to my terminal. Once we reach the Southwest Airlines kiosk, I wheel my suitcase to a stop.

"Oh, Amara. We're going to miss you so much," my mother cries before embracing me. Her arms pin mine down by my sides.

Her choice of words makes me want to roll my eyes. Miss me? What would she miss, the constant fighting or needing me to mother her?

My mom has never emotionally matured past the age of twenty.

Maybe it was the divorce that stunted her. Having to raise a daughter all on her own at such a young age certainly couldn't have been easy. Or maybe my grandparents never gave her the room to learn how to handle her responsibilities on her own. However it happened, however her eccentric brain works, I have come to the conclusion that she was never equipped to be a mother.

Throughout my whole life, she has required me to handle responsibilities that no mother should ever force upon their own child. I've been her shoulder to cry on, her therapist, and above all, her parent. Up until the end of the school year and this summer, I had handled the pressure of being a high school sophomore, holding a part-time job, helping pay bills, and dealing with my mother's regular emotional meltdowns and drama. I had eventually reached my breaking point and decided that instead of moving to Florida with my mother and Phil, I would move in with my father in Washington.

I had already gotten into Western Washington University's marine biology & oceanography department and would be attending as a freshman in the fall. Moving to Washington to live with my dad and finish up the second half of my senior year would make my adjustment easier.

This would be a good thing.

——————

The flight to Seattle was a little over five hours long. My father, Charlie, stood waiting for me at baggage claim.

I run over to him and meet him with a hug. "Dad!"

"Hey, kiddo!" He laughs, embracing me back. When pulling away, he grins down at me. "I missed you, kid."

"Me too, Dad," I smile. "I'm so happy to be here. You have no idea."

We drive the three hours and thirty-minute drive up to Forks in Charlie's police cruiser. He's the chief of police in Forks.