10 | 2013

1 0

1 0

2 0 1 3
venom that stings

    "ARE YOU ALRIGHT, LOVE?" were the first words that came out of Klaus's mouth when he rushed over to Yiko. Exhaustion from too much use of power was grime on her knees, she sunk on the floor in a half-dazed state.

     A breath escaped her lips, her eyes flitting towards where he knelt beside her. "You came," she said simply, and a tear finally cascaded down her cheek.

     His gaze softened into relief, yet his jaw remained clenched tightly. "Of course I would."

     "Pardon me for breaking your moment but," Elijah cut in, "what did you to him?"

     "Yiko," Klaus started lowly, "perhaps you can shed some light on the situation." He gestured to the limp and lifeless body by the shack, "That would appear to be the body of a Hybrid."

     Oh, of course they wouldn't just be glad she was alive and still breathing. They're Originals. What did she expect? "Lockwood used him as an experiment," she looked back to him, "Dwayne, he was called."

     "Well, whoever he was, I didn't sire him." Klaus said in an obvious manner, clearly distressed to this fact. "Any idea how that's possible?"

     Yiko hydrated her lips, "I did." It was truthful, yet her mind still strayed to Tyler's message. She had started to wonder if she had made the right choice in letting him live. Heaving herself up, she swallowed down the pain in the form of bile that rose to her throat. "And to answer your question, Elijah," she turned to him, "I am not exactly like you. So I can do things that may seem foreign to you."

     "Why did you let him go?" asked Klaus, "He hurt you and yet, you free him just like that."

     "And how does that concern you?" Yiko countered. "I did not ask for you to come and rescue me. I did not ask that you rummage the damn Bayou to find me. Look at you, you're more concerned by the fact that someone you didn't sire is a hybrid. Did you even look at him? Did you look into his eyes and notice that he's not like you? Not exactly. No, of course you did not. All you care about is the exterior, what your eyes see, and what you choose to think."

     "Why do you always —"

     "Why do I always what?"

     As she began to advance, Elijah put an arm in front of her to stop her, stepping forward towards where Klaus stood. "Brother, I think we should be letting Yiko rest after what happened to her."