there was happiness because of you

A/N- this one's a little sexual? ig? more so than what i usually do anyway.

enjoy :)

-------------------------

The fire crackled softly, the hum of soft voices overlapping with it making the atmosphere all the more comfortable.

Will talked and laughed quietly with his friends. They had all instinctively lowered their voices when they noticed Alyss had fallen asleep on her husband's shoulder- with the baby crown princess fast asleep in her lap.

"Perhaps you'd better put her to bed Horace," Cassandra said in a lowered tone, with a smile at the adorable scene.

"Alyss or Maddie?" Horace said as he stood to gently lift the month old child from Alyss's drooping arms.

Pauline and Cassandra chuckled, while Halt promptly rolled his eyes at Horace's newfound "dad-humor" as Crowley liked to call it.

With unutterable tenderness, Horace carried his daughter to the nursery right next to their bedroom.

Alyss had shifted when Horace had taken the weight off her chest, her dreams disturbed by motion.

Will had carefully adjusted her position to where her head was now laying in his lap. His fingers combing through her hair.

They had been married almost a year now, and it seemed like no time had passed at all. It felt like yesterday to the couple.

"Perhaps it'd be best if she went to bed as well Will," Pauline said delicately. She had been watching Will's gentleness in the way he moved her head with the upmost care, as if it were a precious diamond that he was to protect with his life. His lovingness in the way he stroked her hair as if it were the only thing giving him life in the world. Even the way he looked at her, with tender warmth, and love. So- so much love.

Will looked up when Pauline spoke, then looked back down at his exhausted wife with a gentle gaze. He nodded, "Yes, she's exhausted."

"She's been working herself too hard." Halt said for him.

Will nodded, subconsciously moving a hand to rest on her thigh, and the other continuing to comb through her hair.

The arm then went under her knees, and the other to lift under her shoulders. He stood carefully with his wife asleep in his arms- her head automatically resting on his chest.

Will moved toward the guest bedroom where they were staying, nodding goodnight's to everyone as he passed.

Alyss had woken after being picked up, the movement being enough to disturb her subconscious into consciousness. Her eyes stayed close however. She was tired, and she hadn't gotten much time to talk to her husband today, pretending to still be asleep was the easy way out.

Will placed her gently on the bed, and turned away from her to close the door to their room. Shutting out the outside noise.

"I know you're awake hon,"

He said before turning around to face her once more. Her eyes were opened now, and she laid on her side, with her head on her hands. She smiled as he stared at her. Then shrugged,

"I was tired, sorry."

Will smiled as he unstrapped his scabbard, and took off his shirt-moving closer to the bed as he did so.

"No no, I was too," He hurried to reassure her as he crawled into bed, "You made it easier on both of us"

He killed the chuckle on her lips with the press of his own.

The kiss was delicate, yet passionate. Two segments of supernovas colliding to make a star.

Alyss pulled away from him before he could get carried away.

She pressed a finger to her lips as a sign of silence. Ignoring her husband's pout.

They're right outside honey, we can't be that loud.

Will smirked, "We don't have to be loud, that could be the challenge It would be fun..?"

Alyss pushed him away with a concealed grin, "Will, no. Let's just go to sleep."

Will sighed dramatically, and flopped on the pillow next to her in a display of theatrics.

She smiled at the way his hair strewed out on the pillow. The moonlight from the open window streaming across his face.

"You're staring again" Will sang, clearly amused.

A huff.

"No I wasn't shush," She mumbled as she blew out the candle on her side of the bed. Leaving only a dim glow from Will's side.

She flopped on her side, her back to Will, "Goodnight dear" She uttered, an annoyed tone trying to swim up through the happiness that was clearly drowning it.

She noticed the room go all dark, the other candle evidently being blown out.

Warm, strong arms slid around her waist. A chin resting in the crook of her neck. A warm breath tickling down her spine.

"Goodnight love"

A whisper so soft, so seemingly innocent. But filled with an ardent wish to please. The shiver that went down Alyss' spine was clear evidence that it fulfilled it's task.

The whispers died in the other room, and lights went out on by one.

The room sang with peace, giving a voice to the warm glow in Alyss' chest.

Happiness. That's what it was.

True happiness.