Ch. 6

Buzz, Buzz, Buzz, Buzzz, Buzzz, Buzzz, Buzzz

Argh.

Another day out of 365 days of the year. 

Another day of living.

I sit up in my bed and rubbed my dry eyes. Everything is so blurry and bright, so I squint as they adjust to my surroundings. 

My blanket falls from my chest to my hips and I start feeling my body form little goosebumps head to toe. 

The unfriendly coldness lurking in my room is causing me to shiver and tremble. I yawn. Then I cover my body up with the blanket laying across my bed. 

My feet meet the icy floor and I walk unsteadily to my bathroom.

It's just after seven o'clock in the morning. Too early in my opinion.

I met myself in the mirror. My eyes are red and puffy. 

They look so much darker due to the black circles forming under my eyes. 

My face looks bigger than usual. My deep brown hair is literally everywhere.

I don't know how some people get up and look ready to start the day.

When I get up, I look like I've been hit by a truck.

I started the shower. The steam filled my bathroom and I hopped into the warm water. I stood in the shower for a while. Feeling the warm water drip down my body. 

I breathed in and out catching steam with steady breaths then I tilted my head back far enough, so the water met my hairline. 

So peaceful.

I got out of the shower and wrapped a fuzzy towel around my body. My sopping wet hair was dripping all over me and the floor. I didn't care enough to wring it out. 

So, I took another towel hanging up and wrapped my hair into it. I started applying my face creams and my eye cream which were very much needed. 

I decided to wear a bit of mascara and blush today. 

I'm not sure why. 

Finally, I smeared Chapstick across my top lip. Smooshed my lips together rubbing side to side so they could spread evenly.

The girl was there, she looked prettier. More appealing. Almost happy.

I switched off the lights and swiftly walked to my dresser.

Hm. What should I wear?

I could go with the usual suspect my leggings and an oversized hoodie. Or maybe I can switch it up?

I stood in the mirror for what seemed like years. Staring at the outfit I just put on. It was way out of my comfort zone. But I wanted to make a difference. I wore a shirt my mother got me. It's black and looks like a normal t-shirt but meets about halfway down my stomach before my belly button. I can see my boney arms and my jeans are slightly too big as they are falling down my waist. But I liked the baggy clothes I felt safer. I decided to throw on a zip-up hoodie to hide my arms.

Hm. Weird.

Well, I'm committed now. I must wear this outfit.

I started my journey downstairs.

When I got to the kitchen my mother was at the table with her usual black coffee and prestige outfit. She had her hand on her forehead and sighed as soon as I entered the room. 

I sat down across from her and looked down. There was a pair of new gold hoop earrings.

"For you," she said.

I knew the earrings were for me as soon as I laid my eyes on them. I knew that because whenever my mom is mad, she will buy gifts instead of apologizing.

'Thanks."

'Well, try them on," my mom blurted.

I took the gold hoops out of a little blue box. Then I took the studs out of my ears and replaced them with the thick yet small gold hoops. They were quite nice.

"You look great!" she exclaimed.

"Thank you," I said coldly. Trying to seem like I didn't like the earrings.

I don't really care about the earrings. I just wanted an actual apology. She was looking me up and down with less disgust than usual.

"And my god you are wearing something different for once!" she babbled

Is it just me or does that feel more like a statement than a compliment?

Whatever.

"I'll drive you to school today," my mother said changing the subject.

"Oh okay, why?" I replied.

"No reason," my mom answered.

This is weird. Something is not right. Why is she being so nice?

Red flag. Red flag.

"Let's get going, shall we?" she asked.

"Yeah sure."

Red flag?

We both sprung up from the table. 

I grabbed my bag and met my mom in the car. 

Then we took off down the road and I watched snow as it was falling on the road covering the pavement. 

The car ride was silent. 

Then it hit me. 

We were not going in the direction of my school.

"Uhm... Where are we going?" I asked nervously