chapter one, someone i know

chapter one : someone i know
1x06, Night School

⋆·˚ ༘

Beacon Hills, California
12, tuesday, 2019

ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ THE FOREST WAS DARK, IT WAS COLD, her bare feet were running over the fresh, wet grass. Her breathing was close to panting, her legs were on the verge of giving out, shaking like twigs. Her long period dress didn't make her escape easy. It all happened very fast as flashes in a film.
A

ll of a sudden, her body gave out and fell heavily on the floor. She would've liked to get up and run, but it was too late. They were already here. She had no idea who they were, but they wanted her dead, she knew it. She was lying there hiding behind a mound. They were right behind her, one of them said, "There's no need to run." he looked out the horizon, "we'll find you wherever you are." His voice seemed determined whi, h froze the brunette's blood.

A break was heard. There wasn't any more noise, so she thought it was time to get up and run. As she got up, she leaned onto the wet tree behind her and looked around her in fear to make sure the way was clear. When she got ready to run, her breathing accelerated while her heart was pounding. A breath escaped from her throat when she saw one of those men.

ㅤ ㅤ

ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ SHE TOOK A DEEP BREATH as if coming back to life by opening her eyes wide. Her room was plunged in darkness. She could only see the moonlight passing through her window. As she got up, she looked out the window. A full moon, nightmares were known to be common on those nights. The girl took her head into her hands as she returned to her normal breathing.

She was used to nightmares, but since she moved back to Beacon Hills, they were more detailed, more horrible, and seemed more real.
Normally, after a nightmare, she would get up and go to eat, which is what she did this time as well. It was kind of like a routine.
No one's even up yet, so she was alone in this dark kitchen eating her cereal. She kept thinking about the day. She's been gone for 10 years. She hadn't changed much either, but there were plenty of faces she hadn't recognized.

Too lost in her thoughts to hear her mother arrive, she sensed a hand resting on her shoulder. She turned to see who was bothering her thoughts.

"What are you already doing up?" asked her mother, taking a cup from the cupboard behind her. She needed a good coffee before she started the day because she didn't get a lot of sleep.

Maeve sighed as she looked at her bowl of cereal, "I had a nightmare, it woke me up" she said, looking at her mother with a tired look on her face. She didn't get much sleep in the end. "And you? You already work at this time?"

She also sighed, "Yes, I need to go to the hospital and get some paperwork." She served herself the coffee she had made during their discussion. In fact, Katherine knew Maeve had a nightmare. Maeve didn't know, but when she had nightmares, she sometimes screamed or cried. She was unable to wake her since her previous specialist had said it would disturb her to an extreme. That is the reason she didn't like to begin this conversation yet rather talk about something else. "Remember that you need to go to the secretariat to record your document today."

"Yes, I remember." Honestly, she remembered very little from school having left before she even entered middle school.

"Do you remember where it is?" she asked a slightly worried expression on her face, looking at her daughter serenely. She was stressed over this return to school; going to another school was exceptionally stressful, however considerably more in a school where you definitely know everybody without truly knowing them.