Where are you? - Chapter 2

I had forgotten that I had let the dog out. That damned dog! She'd do anything to go to that mans house. I hurridly ran out the back door and called for her.

"Ruby!"

Nothing. Uhg. This dog. I have no idea how Kevin loves her so much. She always puts herself in dangerous situations. I walked into the large fenced in the back yard and sure enouh. That bitch wasn't there. I scanned the back yard once again before I called her again.

"Ruby! come here girl! Ruby!!!"

Still. No. Anwser.

I sighed in frusration and walked over to the side of the fence behind the four car garage where on the other side is our neighboor a nice little white house with baby blue boarders surrounding the white. Ruby always comes here. She's dug a hole under the fence and always goes to his house and comes back whenever she feels like it.

Kevin and Uncle Daren had put bricks in the whole, since it was way too deep to fill it without tearing down the fence. Its weird. What this dog does. I was never so found of her. But Kevin adores her. So I put up with her for him. Even though either way both of us know im not to patient with disobedient animals.

I made that smoochy sound, snapled my fingers, clapped my hands, I even called repeadly.

Still. Nothing.

I sigh in defeat and walked over to the mans house. I could just ask Kevin for help. No. That would make him worry too much. He loves her too much. Idk what it is but ever since we found her in the woods whinning, leaning up against a tree, covered in blood.

He's became so weird. He'd do anything to stay with her and keep her safe. Now that im older you'd think he'd back off doing the same with me. Nope. Almost every minute of the day he ask me qustions, like, "do you feel any pain of any sort?", "Do you feel hotter then you usually do?", "does your teeth or eyes feel weird or different in any way?"

And every time I'd say the same anwser. "No, Kevin. I feel fine! Stop worrying so much. You're getting kind of creepy." He'd scoff and defend himself by saying the one and only, "Better safe than sorry."

Which I'd shrugg off and go back to my book. He's never changed since we found her.

I ended up on the door step. I walked up to the door still deep in thought about my brothers strange behaivor.

All of a sudden I heard a loud high pitch whimper, ripping me back into reality. It sounded so much like Ruby my heart beat suddenly quickened. My body was washed over with fear, worry, confusion, possesivness.

I dashed to the direction her whimper came from a little faster then I thought I could have ever ran. Did I mention that this mans house is actually pretty, well, ginormous? It's at least gotta be about the size of the white house. Or maybe even bigger. I looked behind me from where I was just previously standing, just seconds ago and stopped. My thinking process got somewhat blurry. My ears started ringing.

And damn, it hurts like a bitch! Kind of like when you put headphone in to eliminate the annoying people in your life and turn it up all the way, but when you take them out after a while. You have this clouding ringing in your ears, it doesn't hurt it's just bothersome. Add about 70% more pain and siren like ringing, that's what my face is doing to me right now.

My head suddenly felt really hot. My heart beat started beating abnormaly faster. My eyes and throat started to burn. I heard snapping and soon figured it was my bones that were cracking and felt like they were moving around and slamming themselves back together. Whatever was happening, It's causing so much pain, I couldn't bare it. I screamed but that didn't help much. Wait a go Melanie. My legs gave out and I feel to my knees. Holy bloody tart! What the chucklston is happening to me!?

Then as fast as it came, all of the pain vanished.