Beast Part 1

"You will never get the Cube," Optimus Prime says. He yanks off Megatron's head and kicks him to the other side of the pool. Optimus smiles as he watches Megatron slide into the abyss.

A shadow blocks the midday sun. I turn my head and a pit bull stares into my soul. He sniffs the pool and laps the water. I freeze. I do not dare to even breathe. The rapid beating of my heart rings in my ears.

The pit bull walks into the pool. I scoot to the edge and brace myself for any sudden movements. I squeeze my eyes shut for a couple of seconds. If I do not make eye contact, he may ignore me.

Nope. The Beast takes another step towards me. This can not be good.

I sprint towards the front door. He attempts to chase after me. The Beast slides a few feet before falling face first in the water. I giggle as I smash the doorbell over and over. No one answers. I bang on the door with my fist. "Mom. Wake up."

The Beast shakes the water off his fur and then leaps out of the pool. He drifts along the grass before galloping towards the front door. I turn and sprint to the side of the house. We cross paths. He turns and runs after me. He is on my heels. I pump my legs faster and faster. The thumpty thump, thumpty thump echoes behind me.