9: Legal Misfortunes

As the car drove past the forest of white pine and birch Y/N's mood slowly shifted to tense. She knew the will reading would be a mess. Her mother's side of the family were hawks. They will latch on to every piece of wealth they find. Knowing the entire inheritance was going to her would create a ruckus. As the car entered the city limits, Y/N felt that wave of anxiety in the pit of her stomach. She felt nauseous from the dread of the confrontation. Never had she been a confrontational person. Much rather the one who argues and fought for monetary gain. As the legal building approached, Y/N's nerves grew tighter and the pit in her stomach worsened. Taking a deep breath she exited her car. She wore a loose fitted shirt top tucked in high waist ankle jeans. Her hair was tied up in a ponytail. Taking the jacket and her handbag she marched towards the room of the attorney. It might not show outside, but inside she was already having a meltdown. Knocking twice, she opened the door.

"Mr Kim". She said softly. The attorney smiled and stood up. He said. " Oh! Ms Song! Please. Have a seat" taking a seat on the chair in front of the attorney, Y/N said, "How many of my immediate family has been called?" The attorney pondered for a minute. "Your Father's Sister Mrs Min denied coming. Your mother's Brother, Mr Kang and her sister Mrs Shin would be there. Along with their children. Though Mrs Shin said none of her kids would come" Y/N let out a staggered breath. "I should warn you," she said. "The reading won't be Civil". The attorney smirked. " Mrs Song had said that once. So she had made sure you would not be exposed. Just trust me" Y/N nodded.
Walking towards the glass doors in the meeting room, Y/N felt her heartbeat get louder. She opened the door and entered. There, seated on the chairs were her Aunt, Uncle, his wife and their kids. As the attorney had said, her Aunt had not brought any kids. She sat a few chairs away from Mr Kang and his family, quietly working on a laptop.
Shin Su Rim was always a mystery to Y/N. In all the family gatherings she came to, she was cordial and civil to everyone. Unlike her elder brother, Kang Su Ryeok, who was a loudmouth and obnoxious. Su Rim always kept to herself. The times Y/N had interacted with her she was outspoken and cold. So Y/N never knew what her aunt would be like.
All she was scared of was her Uncle and his equally obnoxious and ostentatious wife Kang Ji Hye. Their kids, though quiet, for now, were enormous pain in the arse and had been frequently changing schools for being involved in bullying. Not that she was scared of them, she was 25 for crying out loud and they were 14 and 16. She was scared of the ruckus they would cause once they know they had zero fortune. Sitting at an equal distance from her uncle and his family, She tried to calm her already on edge nerves. Suddenly her phone vibrated. Bringing it out she noticed there were two texts from an unknown number. Opening the texts she read the first one.
Don't be so nervous sweet girl. You grew up to be a good woman. Have faith in your parents.
Who was this! Y/N wondered. She opened the second text.
About those two obnoxious jerks, don't bother, they would not be able to bite shit!
She looked around the room and saw her aunty give her a slight nod. Wait. Aunt! She sent the texts! Y/N's eyes widened. The woman always cold to her was encouraging her! Her train of thought was broken by the attorney entering the room. He was followed by two tall men. He asked the men to stand near the door.
"Hello, Ladies and Gentlemen. We-"
"Cut the crap! Read the will!" Kang Su Ryeok interrupted the attorney with a very obscene attitude. The attorney sighed. "The entire inheritance of Mr Song is to be transferred to Ms Song according to his will. In the case of her absence, it will go to the charity organisation for hybrid rescue. As for Mrs Song, she has transferred the textile business in Daegu to Mrs Shin. Other than that, all her assets and finances are to be transferred toMs Song. Along-" the attorney was interrupted by a loud slam. "What the fuck! All these years of being nice to that bitch and this is what I get!" Y/N turned to her uncle. He was practically frothing at the mouth. Her mind was racing but the only thing that was in her mind was that he called her lovely mom a bitch. All the nerves from the morning. All the anxiety. Everything boiled up and that word made her explode. "Shut up you ungrateful piece of shit!" She said and stood up. "You stole grandpa's entire inheritance he left for mom! You kicked her out at 18. Not caring how an 18-year-old would survive on the street.  You came to lick her feet when she excelled in life. After all that you dare to raise your voice when she did not leave you shit? Your piece of absolute garbage!" While speaking she was walking towards the man. After she finished her hands as if rose by herself and landed on the already angry Kang Su Ryeok's cheek.

Slap

The entire hall was silent. Suddenly someone clapped. Y/N looked at the person. It was her aunt. She slowly came towards the girl and held her hands and pulled her away from the money thirsty mongers. Helping her sit she said. "Finally, Karma played its round brother". Shin Su Rim excited the building. The dumbfounded attorney then said. " Mrs Song appointed these two bodyguards for Ms Song from now on." Saying that he exited the room. Y/N followed him. In a distance, she heard her Uncle's manic screams. She knew bad things were about to come after this. Real bad things. That included the group of sweet hybrids at home. But Y/N had sworn to herself, never will she again lose another family. Yes. She thought of them as her family.

_________________________________________________

Double update XD.
Also people are reading this shitshow of a book. ಥ_ಥ
Also, I should maybe warn you about what is upcoming. ·ᴗ·
Or should I

(◕◡◕)(◕◡◕)(◕◡◕)
Nah! I'll leave y'all hanging!
Toodaloo!!