chapter 11

S P O R T S C A R

My legs feel numb and I drop my hands to my sides

My legs feel numb and I drop my hands to my sides. My eyes feel heavy and suddenly it's as if I'm in a cage with the walls closing in on me.

"Don't faint on me, Nirah," he humorously says and a weak smile shows up on my face.

"I won't," I whisper, shaking my head.

"A women matching her description was wondering around here not too long ago so we need to move," Sylvester says and the other man scoffs.

"If I get my hands on her I'll fucking ruin her," he says and Sylvester chuckles.

"After me. Of course," he arrogantly says.

My attractive strangers body tenses in front of me and I stare straight into his chest, trying to focus on my breathing.

His scent was intoxicating.

I loved it.

My number gets called and my eyes shoot up to his. He subtly shakes his head and soon after I hear the door open and close.

Peaking my head over his shoulder I see them walking over the road.

A weight is lifted off of my shoulders and I gently push his arm down as I slowly walk towards the door. I grab onto the door handle but stop, looking out.

There's a black SUV parked behind a black sports car, following with a white truck.

I step back but bump into something hard.

"Ow," I groan, turning around and he looks down at me with a blank expression. "Personal space? Ever heard of it?" I ask and he raises a brow at me.

I take a little step as I bend over, looking out the door at the SUV.

"Sylvester's men?" I hear him ask and I nod.

"Yep. I think-" I cut myself off as I turn my head, finding his face directly next to mine. Our faces merely inches apart.

"Go on," he encourages.

He was bending forward as well, leaning over me.

"I have a strong feeling I'll commit suicide because of you before they could even touch me," I sigh and he looks confused and almost hurt.

"That's mean," he narrows his eyes at me.

"I'm mean," I say pushing his chest back as we both stand up straight. "Okay," I nod to myself. "I got this. I'll just make a run for it. Easy."

"That's stupid," he bluntly says and grabs my arm. He pulls me out and my heart starts beating fast.

"What are you doing?" I ask and he opens the door to the shiny black car.

"Get in."

"I'm not getting into your car with you," I scoff, looking out for Sylvester and his men.

"You have a better idea?" he asks and I look up at him.