chapter 12

V I X E N

Mentally I'm praying that I don't scare this man off

"He forced himself on me and after three 'no's' I kicked him where the sun doesn't shine and he fell beside me. And we were outside - mind you. He was going to fuck me in the backyard of a strangers house, on the cold ass ground- can you believe the nerve of this jackass?" I ask in disbelief, shaking my head.

"The nerve," he breathlessly says, shaking his head too.

"Right!" I nod. "Well as I tried to move away from him I tripped over the sledgehammer and when he tried coming back I hit him," I shrug my shoulders. "I know this might sound fucked up but hearing the bone in his arm crack was oddly satisfying. So I didn't stop. His arms, legs, hands, feet and when his cries became to loud, his mouth."

He grins and his eyebrow twitches slightly. He looks oddly impressed with me right now but I can't tell why.

"So you have a thing for beating up guys?"

"Only assholes who deserve it."

"Did you report him to the police? What happened in court?" he asks, shifting so that his body faces me.

"I did but he got there before me and I was sentenced to three years. My lawyer suggested I plead insanity and I did - trusting him - but turns out it was only an excuse for him and my mom to send me off to a mental hospital for the two years after I spent a year in jail."

"But he forced himself on you, wasn't it self defense?"

"Well..." I sigh, turning my body completely to him as I bring one leg up onto the seat. "Since he didn't get that far to actually go through with it there wasn't any proof. His lawyer played the 'she was drunk' card and yeah. That's about it."

"Why would your mom want, to send you away?"

"Because she thought that anyone capable of what I did - even though it was self defense - was mentally ill. She said that I wasn't..." I slowly trail off, feeling the bile rise in my throat. I drop my eyes, clearing my throat. "She had her own opinions I guess," I shrug my shoulders looking up at him.

I could sense a hint of pity and sadness but he quickly spoke up.

"Do you remember anything about him? His name? How he looked physically?"

"Just his name. Loren Winston. I might remember more but I'm too out of it to think straight right now," I shake my head looking out the front window. "After the incident I tried to forget everything about him," I slowly say in thought.

I look back at him to see him staring at me and I awkwardly shift in my seat.

"God I've traumatized you," I breath out. "You okay?" I ask pressing the back of my fingers against his forehead but he moves his head back.