chapter 14

G O I N G H O M E

Since it was a Saturday my body automatically woke itself up at 7am

I sat up, yawning as I stretched my hands upwards. I walked into the bathroom and brushed my teeth, washing my face.

I tied my hair into a low ponytail as I headed downstairs.

"You're up early, strutting into my kitchen..."

"And you're up early - in a suit - in your kitchen."

"Cesar will be driving you back to your apartment."

"Unless your middle name is Cesar, I'll have to pass," I say grabbing a water bottle from the fridge. "I don't know if you know this, but my trust issues started with men and unfortunately..." I pause, taking a deep breath in. "God I really dread saying this but you're the only man I trust right now. No offense Cesar," I say looking over at him. "I'm sure you're a swell fella," I sarcastically smile.

"I have more important things to do than taking you to your house while holding your hand," he says and I scoff.

"Well you were the one who kidnapped me and brought me to your house so yes, you will take me back home," I nod, walking and plopping onto one of the stools. "Or I could just stay here for a few hours while I wait for you to get back, I mean this place is amazing," I nod looking around. "Cesar and I could even bond and then maybe I'll let him take me home."

"If you don't get into the car with Cesar I'll throw your ass over my shoulder and carry you out myself."

"Oh, don't tempt me with a good time," I grin at him. "Maybe then I can get a good look at that beautiful ass of yours. He has an amazing ass, don't you think?" I ask Cesar.

"Uh..." Cesar awkwardly says as we both look over at him. "I don't..."

"Never mind," I sigh. He's clearly not agreeing with me.

"If you're not downstairs in an hour you're walking home because Cesar and I'll be going to work together."

"It's a pleasure doing business with you," I hop off of the stool. "Oh!" I say stopping in front of him. "You don't happen to wear cocktail dresses, do you," I ask and Cesar snickers but immediately stops when Antonio's head snaps towards him.

He clenched his jaw and I took a small step back.

"No? Okay," I nod. "Since you're into the formal look, a blazer will work too," I nod.

He runs an irritated hand down his face and calls for Katie.

"Take one of my blazers up to her room," he orders.

"Yes sir," she nods.

"Preferably black," I say putting my hand up and she nods at me before leaving.