Acceptance

"You bring some stranger into my house and expect me to let him stay?" Haruko yelled as she slammed her hand onto the table. "I love you Misuzu, but you seriously need to mature."

Misuzu bowed her head and begged. "He hasn't got any place to stay and he's only here for the festival next week. Please, please, please."

Haruko sighed loudly.

"Gao-" Misuzu started but was slapped on the head by Haruko. She turned to Yukito and glared.

"If you can make Misuzu stop saying this annoying 'gao' thing, you can stay. But be prepared to sleep in the garage." She groaned as she got up and stormed towards the door.

Misuzu gently took Haruko's hand, stopping her. "Wait. Look at his puppet though. It's really cool." They both looked at Yukito.

He felt a little preassured as he was put on the spot. Then, he let go of the puppet and swayed his fingers, making it sway and dance in mid-air.

Haruko looked even more annoyed. "Boring. This is just some low level magic trick, eh? What's it for?"

"It's to entertain people so that I can make money." Yukito replied bluntly.

"This thing is meant to entertain? You got to make it more funny then. I don't care if I can see the strings as long as I'm watching something that's actually funny and entertaining." Haruko expressed as she finally left the room, saying, "Show him to his room when he's done eating. And he's your responsibly, not mine."

Now it was just Misuzu and Yukito alone in the kitchen together.

"You got accepted by my mom, see? I told you it wouldn't be so difficult." Misuzu laughed as she got up to wash her plate and spoon.

"She's scary, though." Yukito replied, giving his plate and spoon to Misuzu.

"Don't worry, you'll get used to her. I did."

After that, Misuzu took Yukito to the garage. She gave him a few blankets and a pillow. "I'm sorry you have to sleep like this. Let me know if you get cold." Misuzu told him in a worried tone.

"Don't worry. I've been through worse. Go to bed and I'll see you in the morning. And... thank you." Yukito reassured her.

"Alright then. I'll see you in the morning." She said excitedly before closing the garage door and heading to her room.