tiny little pots

Byeonghee was a good boss, or that's what he liked to think about himself. At least, he treated Chuji fair and square, and always slapped him in the head if he was slacking off in the middle of work.

It wasn't the hardest of the jobs, though, so it wasn't necessary to punish Chuji that often or work extra hard. Having a little shop of handmade cute ceramic things didn't attract a lot of customers, but it always had its fair share of people willing to buy it.

Chu Jimin was the cashier, but he also worked as the best marketing agent Byeonghee never knew he was and always ended up selling everything to everyone, even when some high-schoolers just went to the shop to look at the collection of cute pots, keyrings and the whole diverse things Byeonghee loved to make.

(Chuji insisted it was his handsome face; Byeonghee couldn't really say otherwise, even if he despised feeding his best friend's ego, but well… It was the sad truth.)

Either way, since Chuji was his best friend, he had some days in which he was the absolute worst. It was part of his weird personality. And even if he didn't dislike his spontaneity, Byeonghee definitely hated it when Chuji was absent from work and sent him a message two minutes before opening the shop.

"What a ducking asshole," he said to his screen.

He stared at the obnoxious 'won't go today hehe' and the horrible sticker sent right after, and then Byeonghee stared at his new duck pot who seemed a little taken aback by Byeonghee's way of censoring his words.

"Sorry, duckie," he apologized to the pot.

It, as expected, didn't answer back, which was a relief.

Byeonghee already haf opened the shop and was about to go back to his studio to keep doing more duck pots when he received the text. So, changing his plans, he went behind the counter with the biggest pout a 182 centimeters man could make.

He hated to talk to people, yeah? He felt like crying everytime someone wasn't clear or was indecisive. The worst part of all of it was when they asked for Byeonghee's opinion which was: 'I made all of this, anything is lovely and buy-able'. It didn't seem like a good answer to some people. That's what he would call picky people.

He was the greatest antisocial with the greatest mask in the world. He hated people. He hated to talk. But the rest of the planet always believed he was a social butterfly or whatever. He was tired of faking smiles! All of his highschool doing the same thing over and over again every year… Faking a personality was tiring as hell.

That's why, after the first official day of the shop full of total hatred towards the overly talkative and friendly people, Byeonghee hired Chu Jimin, who was a real social butterfly and ended up being the best seller in the whole city.

Right there, behind his baby blue counter —his super cute baby blue counter—, Byeonghee was more excited about watching the clock, the watch in his wrist and his phone, scrolling on Instagram in the 'ferret' tag like a madman, and again watching the time, Byeonghee almost felt like God was on his side.

No one put a foot in the shop and even if that was bad for the business, Byeonghee still sold his cute things on the internet. Indeed, he always closed the shop at 18:30 because he had to be careful with the packing that took hours of his life. Sometimes, if the orders were a lot, Byeonghee would, most probably, not sleep.

Then, just seconds before he could scream his lungs out of joy, almost like a fist on the face, the bell of his shop sounded clear as the day itself when the door was opened. Byeonghee was about to swear, or say something like 'duck!' that in God's language might be a swear too, when he almost swallowed his tongue.