chapter 16

B R U I S E S

"Yes Jordan," I say pulling a chair in front of him as I sit down

"Yes Jordan," I say pulling a chair in front of him as I sit down. "We do have a problem."

He looks away then back at me, waiting for me to continue.

"Let's get one thing straight. You're my best friend and no guy is gonna come between that, no matter what. Got it?" I ask and he nods. "No I don't think you do," I shake my head. "I get it now, he shows up out of no where and suddenly it's as if I'm leaving you out but I'm not. Antonio and I are... well friends. Nothing more."

"Yeah, whatever Nirah," he shrugs his shoulder. "You don't have to explain yourself to me."

"It's seems though I do. I hate that there's this weird tension between us. I have too much on my plate right now for you to be mad at me too."

"I'm not mad at you," he says and I sigh.

"I told you that Madeline fake tripped to spill coffee on a customer but only ended up spilling it on herself and you said 'Is she okay' instead of 'Did you record it' so yes. I do think you're mad at me."

He softly chuckles, shaking his head.

"Did you?" he blankly asks and I smile, pulling my phone out.

"Of course I did. I knew what was coming as soon as she nervously walked towards the customer."

He looks away and I smile.

"I'll show you if you forgive me and stop being mad at me," I say moving my phone and he looks at me.

"Send it and all if forgiven," he says and we both chuckle.

"You're evil," I narrow my eyes at him.

"Says the girl who recorded it instead of helping her," he narrows his eyes back at me.

"Fair enough," I nod and we both stand up. "He might be good looking but he's not Jordan Pierre good looking," I press my lips into a thin line.

"I'm glad you know," he gives me a single, serious nod and I snicker.

He grabs my bag and I put on my coat as we both head out. I said goodbye to Silvia and Jordan headed out to the car.

"We're cool now," I nod and she smiles.

"Good," she nods. "What about... well you-know-who?"

"What about him?" I smile in confusion. "He's just another customer/friend," I shrug my shoulder.

"Yeah... of course," she suspiciously says and I hug her goodbye before heading to the door.

I slow down as I see Antonio at Silvia's table, talking to another women. He tucks her hair behind her ear and she shyly smiles. They exchange a few words and he gets up, finishing his drink.