29: Cold Sweat

The second you woke, You sat up. A very strong blush across your face, And no clear thoughts. Just a bunch of Mumbo-Jumbo, Trying to explain this.. dream..

Ah! You know what! It's nothing. As the narrator, I should only make things interesting for you. And No way, you, The reader, And MC, Care at all about some dream.

Work. Yeah! I gotta get to work! But- I dunno if I can! Not after that.. it'll be way too embarrassing!

Get YOURSELF together Y/n! You only need to check up on them once! It'll be fine!

You slipped into the pizza plex, Feeling awkward, and guilty.
Pretty damn guilty.
"Y/n!"
"OH SWEET MOTHER OF CHRIST-" Vanessa randomly popped up behind you.
"Ah! Sorry for the scare Y/n! Just wanted to give you a small update!"
"Oh- erm- Sure...?"
"You'll be needing to stay with the daycare attendants the rest of the day."

FUCK.
You were so shocked at this news, your eyes went wide, Jaw hanging open for a second. Before closing it again.

You pursed your lips, And asked Vanessa about this. "And- Wh- Why do I need toooo???"
"Right.. uhm.. They seem to be, Glitching out like CRAZY, Whenever they're completely alone, And.. Another reason- You are also a mechanic, So maybe you can try debugging them??"

You take in a deep breath, knowing there was no way to escape this, "I'll do my best."
"Thanks Officer!"

—-
Oh boy.

You slithered into the daycare, At around just the time the children get picked up. You cautiously say down at the security desk and began to act as if you were working on the computer. You really weren't doing anything, Mainly just thinking:

I don't HATE them. Far from it!
You just didn't feel the desire to slip up, and say something embarrassing, or accidentally reveal that dream.

You've had many crushes before. But never had a..
Wet.
Dream, About said crushes.

Alright, Let me get one thing clear. You DIDNT want to dream about this again, But I'm not saying you hated it. It's was just... mildly uncomfortable to say the least.

It felt, Wrong. Like, It feels as though you're forcing on something, that nobody else feels comfortable with.

These guys are only programmed to be happy, Not to love. Even if they DID have a soul, The chances of you being chosen felt.... Non-Existent.

That's when you came up with an idea. An awfully smart idea. An idea that would tell you everything, A PLAN that would satisfy you, It could be called disrespectful, But, In reality, this plan... Was smart.

You would need to wait a month to play it out, but when that time comes... Everyone's lives will change.

And this idea... Gave you a Cold, Prideful, Grin.

(I wanted to make this a long chapter, But honestly, this was the perfect place to leave off, I PROMISE next chapter will be longer 🕴)