prologue

When Tobio was a child, he was diagnosed with mild heart disease and the family needed to take extra care of him. Like making sure he isn't in a dirty and stressful environment, eating healthy food, and reducing physical activities that would totally tire him up.

Even though Tobio didn't have too much freedom, he still grew up well-loved by his family. And he loved them the same. He understood that they can be so protective of him because of his heart. He was sure that if one of his brother had the same, he would definitely act the same too. So no, he didn't mind them at all.

Although his parents were always on the US for business trips, they made up for it by giving the brothers three times their allowances. They tried their best to be with the siblings on every occasion. The siblings understood them and that they are grateful they're trying their best to give them comfortable lives.

They also make sure that Tobio isn't overtired because of volleyball. They make sure he drinks his medicines (even though he sometimes throws tantrums before drinking it), and that he goes to bed by 8 pm. Kenma is tasked with giving him his medicines and making sure he's not missing any of it.

Growing up, the four brothers lived in Miyagi happily and full of wonderful memories. When the three older brothers reached High school (to which Tobio disliked), their parents made Keiji to go to one of the best universities in Tokyo so he can learn how to settle in Tokyo early. Keiji's the one who will inherit all their businesses.

Shinsuke went to Hyogo so he can take care of their grandparents there. Kenma stayed with Tobio so he can take care of him.

Even though Keiji and Shinsuke hated to be apart from their brothers, they knew they can't do anything about it. They can always travel back to Miyagi every weekend.

Now, Tobio has prepared his papers on entering Karasuno. Kenma is already a second year there, and is one of the setters in the volleyball team. Tobio is finally a first year. Time flies fast.

Tobio actually passed on Shiratorizawa and Aoba Johsai, but he didn't want to be in a team with Ushijima, who Oikawa absolutely despises, and he didn't want to be teammates with the Kitagawa Daiichi again either.

Plus, he wanted to be teammates with his brother.

After he's done organizing his previously messed up desk, he went down and immediately smiled at the smell of his favorite food, curry.

He ran to kitchen and saw Shinsuke cooking while Keiji is preparing the table. "Why do you look brighter than usual, Tobio?" Keiji asked knowing he already knew the answer.

Tobio giggled and answered him. "Of course, you cooked my favorite food! Thank you so much, nii-san!" Tobio beamed at the two of them and the two returned the joyful smile. Tobio can really make the surroundings light up and make them feel lighter.

Shinsuke went to get Kenma that's stuck in his game and they all greet "Thank you for the food!" before munching the delicious cooking of Keiji and Shinsuke.

After eating, Kenma brought out Tobio's medicines and Tobio was okay with that until he also saw the cursed vitamin syrup. Tobio's mood dropped and the three brothers heaved a sigh, knowing a tantrum is on its way. They silently prayed that Tobio will not throw a tantrum today.