Begin Again

Song suggested by @DestielizJohnlocked

(This is cute teenlock so)

(Ps: this isnt femlock-its just the lyrics say girl instead of guy lols)

Took a deep breath in the mirror
He didn't like it when I wore high heels
But I do
Turn the lock and put my headphones on
He always said he didn't get this song
But I do, I do

Sherlock felt his heart kick in his chest as he felt a fluffy feeling hug him close. He opened the door, and closed it, pracically skipping down the pavement in joy.

His grin was brighter than ever, and he bounced excitedly to the song that rung in his ears, the beat matching the tempo of his heart as he walked his way to the library.

He wouldnt think of Victor today. No, no he wouldnt.

Walked in expecting you'd be late
But you got here early and you stand and wave

Sherlock walked in and peered into the library, taking in the surroundings, when his gaze landed on John.

Johns head quickly flew up, and a bright grin stretched across his cheecks as he waved excitedly.

Sherlocks heart soared as he walked towards the blond boy.

I walk to you
You pull my chair out and help me in
And you don't know how nice that is
But I do

Sherlock wasnt expecting for John to get up.

He wasnt expecting for John to ask if he wanted a coffee.

And he definetely wasnt expecting for John to help him into his chair.

Sherlock practically grinned as the boy sat next to him, and began to blabber about his day.

And you throw your head back laughing like a little kid
I think it's strange that you think I'm funny 'cause he never did

Sherlock began to awkwardly tell a story about a time when he was younger.

He was about to say another thing, when John burst out laughing, and Sherlock threw his head suprisingly at him.

Johns grin was wide, face red, and Sherlock let a nervous smile wash over him, and then began to come to a red color, as John placed his forehead against his shoulder as he chuckled.

"You're so weird Sherlock," He laughed, and Sherlocks grin flew away.

"In a.. cute sort of way," John smiled up at him, and Sherlocks face grew redder.

"Oh,"

I've been spending the last eight months
Thinking all love ever does is break and burn and end
But on a Wednesday in a cafe I watched it begin again

Sherlock forgot everything when he talked to John.

He forgot about Victor, and the sex.

He forgot about the drugs and his dad.

Sherlock forgot about all the problems in the world, because John made them fly away.

Sherlock no longer thought of the fake love, and the nicotine, or getting high with Victor. He no longer thought about the heartbreak when he walked in on Victor fucking another guy.

It wasnt that it hurt too much, it was because it didnt mean anything anymore.

Sherlock had John, and thats all he ever needed.

You said you never met one girl
Who had as many James Taylor records as you
But I do
We tell stories and you don't know why
I'm coming off a little shy
But I do

"Sherlock, tell me about home, and life when im not there. Im sure its boring," John joked, and Sherlock smiled softly, before looking away.

He had a flash of his dad yelling, and older brother coming home with bruises and blood.

His mind triggered to the times where his life was a mess, and not so 'boring'. The times he thought that drugs and sex would make it all go away.

"I dont really want to talk about it..."

John frowned at him.

And we walked down the block to my car and I almost brought him up
But you start to talk about the movies that your family
Watches
Every single Christmas and I want to talk about that
And for the first time what's past is past

After the coffee, John offered to walk Sherlock home, which he gladly accepted.

As they walked, the nagging feeling to tell John about Victor was beginning to become overwhelming, but then John began to talk about his sister, and her favorite things, and laugh about how his mum would always tease him about old things he liked as a kid.

He talked about how every christmas they would watch christmas movies, and talk about his favorite ones, and 'Hey Sherlock, you wanna spend christmas with me this year?'

And Sherlocks mind washed, because he liked hearing things about John. He liked whatever John had to say, because John was important.

Sherlock had to know everything about John.

Sherlock forgot about the nagging feeling.

'Cause you throw your head back laughing like a little kid
I think it's strange that you think I'm funny 'cause he never did
I've been spending the last eight months
Thinking all love ever does is break and burn and end
But on a Wednesday in a cafe I watched it begin again

Before Sherlock reached the door, John grabbed his hand and pulled him in, before planting a soft kiss on his cheek.

"Goodnight Sherlock," He said softly, and pulled away before smiling, and walking off.

Sherlock stood there, and grinned.