The Murder of Caroline Fisher

Trigger Warning: Guns, Murder, knives, Blood, and Violence 

May 1, 1995

It was 1 P.M, on a sunny spring day in Queens, New York. Caroline Fisher was driving home from work, and humming to a song on the radio. She was about to turn onto the dirt road that lead to the shortcut to her dorm, when her car was cut off by a blue car. The car was right beside hers. Three gunshots rang, and Caroline's car spun off the road, and into a ditch.

A few hours later a patrol officer was doing his patrols, and came across a white truck flipped over in a ditch. He got out of his car to inspect the damage. He walked into the ditch, and walked around the vehicle. On the drivers side, there was a blonde girl lying on the ground with three gunshots in her head, and scratches from the broken glass all over her face and arms. He radioed the FBI. 

Within half an hour the FBI showed up. The car was searched and only her cell phone was found. Her wallet was missing. The FBI searched her phone and discovered her name was Caroline Fisher. Agents Tessa, and Karl were assigned to question the three emergency contacts on Caroline's phone; Hailey Carter, Lisa Quinn, and Rebekah Clark. 

They decided to go to Lisa's dorm first, because it was only ten miles from the crime scene. When Tessa and Karl arrived at Lisa's dorm, Lisa didn't answer, instead her roommate Rebekah Clark answered. When asked if Lisa was there she replied that she had not seen her friend since early that morning. They thanked her and left.

Next they visited Hailey Carter. Hailey lived in Westfield, New Jersey, which was a two and a half hour drive. When they arrived at Hailey's house they saw a girl with strawberry blonde hair sitting on the porch. As soon as the girl saw the car pull into the driveway, she went into the house. Karl and Tessa got out of the car and walked up to the front door, and knocked.

A blonde woman answered. " Hello how can I help you?"

"Are you Hailey Carter?" Tessa asked.

"Yes," Hailey asked confused. " Is everything okay?"

"  Caroline Fisher was murdered today at 1 PM and you are one of the names on her contact list. Do you know who had a reason to kill her?" 

Hailey went pale. " I don't." She didn't know what else to say. Her sister had gotten along with everyone, the fact that she had been murdered was shocking.

Tessa nodded, knowing that this woman had just received devastating news. She and Karl left Hailey's house and drove back to Caroline's dorm where Lisa should've been. After they knocked Rebekah answered the door. She was nervous and tugging on her light brown hair. They asked if Lisa was home.

"Lisa hasn't returned. She might be at her sisters house they're really close. Lisa's sisters name is Beth." She gave the agent's Beth's address and they left for Beth's house‏.

They arrived at Beth's house. As they went up to the porch they saw something was wrong. The door was ajar. Karl and Tessa drew their guns, and walked in quietly. They searched the house and when they reached Beth's room, they found her.

She was lying on the bed staring unblinking at the ceiling. The room was a mess. There were books tossed all over the room, and pieces of a lamp were broken and strewn across the room. Beth Quinn was clearly dead. Karl called for backup, and Tessa left to search the perimeter, to see if Beth's murderer was in the premises.

Within an hour the house had been turned into a crime scene with police all over the place. Beth's body had been taken in to do an autopsy, and everything in her house had been taken in as evidence.